Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rage to Require 8GB Mandatory PlayStation 3 HDD Installation

Today Dutch site PSFocus.nl (linked above) reports that the upcoming PlayStation 3 title Rage will require an 8GB mandatory PS3 HDD installation.

The XBox 360 will also offer an optional HDD install of 21-22GB in size, and the game is scheduled for release to both platforms on October 4 in North America and October 7, 2011 in Europe.

To quote, roughly translated: While our boys on the floors of the gamescom stumble around, we get it all within about RAGE. Tim Willits of Bethesda took the liberty to PSFocus a few details to release about RAGE.

The Internet is already known that there is an optional installation available for the Xbox 360 which is up to 21/22 GB. PlayStation 3 gamers have fortunately not much free space.

With a mandatory installation of 8 GB PlayStation 3 gamers can play the game. Yet a large number of gigabytes on your HDD, but fortunately not 22 GB. We also have picked up some of our loyal Faunus (Roel Wijts).

The controls are also adjustable in RAGE. For example, if you find more comfortable to shoot with R1 instead of R2 which is the default, you can always alter it. So are you a true gamer Call of Duty, you can take the controls more convenient way in this game.

Rage to Require 8GB Mandatory PlayStation 3 HDD Installation

More PlayStation 3 News...

i'm gonna buy this one pre order

it's good that you can mod the controls.. but too bad if you own a 40gig ps3 LOL

hopefully it won't be a let down!!

Yea heh, for people who install aftermarket hard drives it won't be an issue but the older 20/40GB stock owners may be a little upset indeed.

i reckon! 8gb is massive for install. even bigger than gt5.. lets hope its an indication it will be a good high quality game..

Wow, optional 22 Gigabyte, that's ten times more install data than the whole Deus Ex: Human Revolution game. My 60 Gigabyte stock PS3 won't do it and eight Gigabyte assumed install is also hard stuff. Let's check it out if it's that worth.

the 21-22 gb optional install is for xbox, luckily.. imagine how long that would take.. the gt5 optial 5 gb install takes approx 50mins.. LOL

Stick Out Tongue

haha Yeah so if it took GT5 nearly an hour for a 5gb install, you're looking at bout 4 - 4 and half hours for that installation!!

After market HDD's are becoming more of a necessity now for PS3's with save data, DLC, Installation data and PSN games - 40gb just won't cut it... and to think the original PS3's came with either a 20gb or a 60gb

hell yeah.my original ps3 was a 40gb and i only just upgraded to a 500gb hdd about a year ago.and on my 60gb i upgraded to 640gb.its the only way to go..

Well i'm looking forward to this game, i've got a 60 gig launch model,but im gonna put this on my new 160 gig slim. must admit games do seem to require more hard drive space these days.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour07 View Post
    haha Yeah so if it took GT5 nearly an hour for a 5gb install, you're looking at bout 4 - 4 and half hours for that installation!!
    That's because of the speed of the blu ray drive. In addition I believe that GT5 installed thousands of tiny files which take longer to copy than large ones. It takes say 10 mins to install a full DVD on the 360, so the total install time for all three disks will be more like 30 mins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast