Question Questions about Linux

It's my first thread in this forum and I couldn't find some that answer my questions. I'm spanish so sorry if my english is bad.

First of all which is best to install Fedora Core 5 or YDL?

Can the PS3 read HDD formatted in NTFS or only in FAT32? :??

It is possible to connect to internet with WiFi using Linux?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

I would recommend YDL if your new to Linux.

PS3 can ONLY read FAT32 formatted drives.

You CANNOT connect to the internet using the PS3 WiFi connection, you must use ethernet cable.

thanks for the information eternal. i'm new in linux, how i install the programs? i've heard that you can't use EXE file, could you tell me a good page with programs that i can run in YDL?

Thanks again...

Quote Originally Posted by PS3STYLE View Post
    thanks for the information eternal. i'm new in linux, how i install the programs? i've heard that you can't use EXE file, could you tell me a good page with programs that i can run in YDL?

Thanks again...
    The easiest thing to do is find the name of the program you want to install then open a terminal in YDL and type "yum install program" without the " ", where program is the app you want.

For ScummVM it would be "yum install ScummVM" for the media player mplayer it would be "yum install mplayer" then "yum install mplayer-gui" to install the front end.

The best thing to do is GOOGLE for a Linux repository database which lists all Linux programs available.