Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PSXLoader released - loads PS2 homebrew on PS3!

Sponsored Links
    Hermes, the Spanish homebrew creator behind the likes of PS2Reality Mediaplayer and Guitarfun for the PS2 has released a new loader for PS3 that will allow you to load PS2 homebrew. There are certain tools needed such as firmware greater than v1.90, Swap Magic and some BIOS files. However, for the moment it seems to execute only Guitarfan and Mediplayer PS2 homebrew, but it's good start all the same.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

Tools Needed Fw > 1.90 + Swap Magic > 3.6 & some files from PS2 Bios.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If that work, maybie we can load the hd loader for PS2 games

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    it Would be cool wouldn it. But i dont see it happen because the ps3 can't "understand" the format type that hd loader does to the Hard disk, so i think it won't happen.

here is the babelfish translation of the readme:
    PSXLoader is a designed program to execute applications homebrew of PS2 in PS3. For it you need to have firmware a 1,90 or superior in your PS3 and called utility SWAP MAGIC with a superior version 3.6 or. Also you need to have a series of modulos, whose proprietor is SONY and for that reason, are not possible to be distributed the program along with (please, you do not make releases parallel of this program including modulos sayings) PREPARATIONS: - SWAPMAGIC has support to send to applications via USB. First which deberias to do is to look for between your original games, we give, Network Disk Access, etc, one that contains I modulate call USBD.IRX. - card Creates a Virtual Memory and executes the application uLanchelf from pendrive, using the Swap Magic - a directory with name B?DATA-SYSTEM Believes in the Memory Card, replacing ' ' by the letter that corresponds to your region (And Europe, i Japon To America) - Now copy within that directory the USBD.IRX from the CD/DVD. - In your Pendrive, it copies feasible psxloader.elf to the folder of the Swap Magic, renombrando it of opportune form. - Copy the folder ' psxloader' yet its content in the raiz directory of pendrive. - psxloader' Adds to the applications Guitarfun (guitarf.elf) and PS2Reality Mediaplayer (ps2media.elf) within the folder ' - It adds modulos LIBSD, XMCMAN and XMCSERV, coming from the BIOS of your PS2 to the directory: ' psxloader/modules' LIBSD, XMCMAN and XMCSERV, are not modulos originating from commercial games, if not from the BIOS of PS2. For it you can come to directly read them from your PS2, from the device ' rom0 ' or can extract them from the BIOS of your PS2 (once upset to the hard disk of your computer) using an application like ROMDIR.EXE or similars. LOADING PSXLOADER: - Load PSXLOADER from the Pendrive using the Swap Magic. Automaticamente, tried to locate to USBD.IRX from B?DATA-SYSTEM, showing an error in case of not finding it. - Once loaded, if it leaves a message to you as "connect or re-connect to Pendrive" disconnects and connects the Pendrive if it were already connected. If you have east problem, IT REMEMBERS that when loadings the application, deberas TO REPEAT this process to avoid that your console is hung when acceding to the Pendrive (with console PSP does not happen or at least it does not pass with Swap Magic 3,6 and one connected PSP) - L1 Presses to load Guitarfun or R1 to load the Mediaplayer when it appears the suitable screen. NOTE: For some reason, the disc of Swap Magic gives problems to the being leido in the Mediaplayer: to expel disc before entering the Browser, pressing R1 inside and to change to device MASS. It remembers that before listing quiza MASS you must desconectar/conectar pendrive. COMMENTARIES TECNICOS: This application must its operation to my investigation on the starting of the IOP, in preceding years. It has been developed without I to have PS3 and using to my friends Bigboss and KROKIS like betatesters, and their respective PS3 Jap. I modulate USBD.IRX of scene (freeusb) is not usable in PS3, of ahi the necessity to copy one ' oficial'. Freesd exists a replacement for called LIBSD, but in my game guitarfun, works partially (single sound PCM and fails the voices with the effects) This application is designed at the moment, to load applications that make use of XSIO2MAN, XPADMAN, XMCMAN... and it does not have to be used for applications that do not make use of those librerias. In my PS2 I have testeado Guitarfun, Mediaplayer, Pgen and SNES Station, with exito. Some applications, as PS2Reality Mediaplayer reset of the IOP.Esa uses a double is the reason for which a called file BOOT.IMG in the Memory Card is stored (it needs approx 300KB). In the case of the Mediaplayer, the circustancia occurs of which it uses a tecnica similar to this, to give to support Audio CD in pstwo and has been a little but dificil to make compatible it It seems perhaps that in way PS2 Audio CD is not supported or, the disc is identified of different form This application has the property to block the load of certain modulos and to replace them by others, reason why it is possible that some devices USB, work now within those applications (in my case, the Mediaplayer now works with two pendrives new that I have)
    can someone translate that a little better than what babelfish did? Theres alot missing and in turn I dont know exactly what to really do with it. Anyone test it yet?

Banned User
    here is a ROUGH translation of the leeme file...
    PSXLoader is a designed program to execute applications homebrew of PS2 in PS3. For it you need to have firmware a 1,90 or superior in your PS3 and called utility SWAP MAGIC with a superior version 3.6 or. Also you need to have a series of modulos, whose proprietor is SONY and for that reason, are not possible to be distributed the program along with (please, you do not make releases parallel of this program including modulos sayings)

PREPARATIONS:

- SWAPMAGIC has support to send to applications via USB. First which deberias to do is to look for between your original games, we give, Network Disk Access, etc, one that contains I modulate call

USBD.IRX.

- card Creates a Virtual Memory and executes the application uLanchelf from pendrive, using the Swap Magic

- a directory with name B?DATA-SYSTEM Believes in the Memory Card, replacing ' ' by the letter that corresponds to your region (And Europe, i Japon To America)

- Now copy within that directory the USBD.IRX from the CD/DVD.

- In your Pendrive, it copies feasible psxloader.elf to the folder of the Swap Magic, renombrando it of opportune form.

- Copy the folder ' psxloader' yet its content in the raiz directory of pendrive.

- psxloader' Adds to the applications Guitarfun (guitarf.elf) and PS2Reality Mediaplayer (ps2media.elf) within the folder '

- It adds modulos LIBSD, XMCMAN and XMCSERV, coming from the BIOS of your PS2 to the directory: ' psxloader/modules' LIBSD, XMCMAN and XMCSERV, are not modulos originating from commercial games, if not from the BIOS of PS2. For it you can come to directly read them from your PS2, from the device ' rom0 ' or can extract them from the BIOS of your PS2 (once upset to the hard disk of your computer) using an application like ROMDIR.EXE or similars.

LOADING PSXLOADER:

- Load PSXLOADER from the Pendrive using the Swap Magic.

Automaticamente, tried to locate to USBD.IRX from B?DATA-SYSTEM, showing an error in case of not finding it.

- Once loaded, if it leaves a message to you as "connect or re-connect to Pendrive" disconnects and connects the Pendrive if it were already connected. If you have east problem, IT REMEMBERS that when loadings the application, deberas TO REPEAT this process to avoid that your console is hung when acceding to the Pendrive (with console PSP does not happen or at least it does not pass with Swap Magic 3,6 and one connected PSP)

- L1 Presses to load Guitarfun or R1 to load the Mediaplayer when it appears the suitable screen. NOTE: For some reason, the disc of Swap Magic gives problems to the being leido in the Mediaplayer: to expel disc before entering the Browser, pressing R1 inside and to change to device MASS. It remembers that before listing quiza MASS you must desconectar/conectar pendrive.

COMMENTARIES TECNICOS:

This application must its operation to my investigation on the starting of the IOP, in preceding years. It has been developed without I to have PS3 and using to my friends Bigboss and KROKIS like betatesters, and their respective PS3 Jap.

I modulate USBD.IRX of scene (freeusb) is not usable in PS3, of ahi the necessity to copy one ' oficial'. Freesd exists a replacement for called LIBSD, but in my game guitarfun, works partially (single sound PCM and fails the voices with the effects)

This application is designed at the moment, to load applications that make use of XSIO2MAN, XPADMAN, XMCMAN... and it does not have to be used for applications that do not make use of those librerias. In my PS2 I have testeado Guitarfun, Mediaplayer, Pgen and SNES Station, with exito. Some applications, as PS2Reality Mediaplayer reset of the IOP.Esa uses a double is the reason for which a called file BOOT.IMG in the Memory Card is stored (it needs approx 300KB). In the case of the Mediaplayer, the circustancia occurs of which it uses a tecnica similar to this, to give to support Audio CD in pstwo and has been a little but dificil to make compatible it

It seems perhaps that in way PS2 Audio CD is not supported or, the disc is identified of different form This application has the property to block the load of certain modulos and to replace them by others, reason why it is possible that some devices USB, work now within those applications (in my case, the Mediaplayer now works with two pendrives new that I have)

Quote Originally Posted by pockets69 View Post
    it Would be cool wouldn it. But i dont see it happen because the ps3 can't "understand" the format type that hd loader does to the Hard disk, so i think it won't happen.
    I know, but not using the internal hard drive.

IF the loader load it wil read the external drive and reconized the drive.

No, it is impossible the only way we could have a Backup on the hard drive is with a NTFS Formated HD, but the ps3 only Recognises FAT32 (in XMB) wich is limited to 4GiB and 2Gib under linux without LFS.

So either we have a major breakthrough and find a real exploit, so that we can modify the system in a way to be able to modify wich filesystem the machine reads, or we could come with some kind of firmware hack simmilar to the XBOX360.

isn't this exactly what we needed? so isn't it possible to exploit the PS3 in someway now?

what is happening is that we can now boot unsigned ELFs but we are not in kernel mode and i don't think with this type of "hack" we will have kernel acess.

But Maybe, with what has been found we can somehow find a way to gain acess to kernel mode, only time (and hackers) will tell.

the ps2 will recognize an external drive technically thats a larger size with usb advance. What we need is someone to get this exploit to work with the usb advance/hd extreme disk and it communicates with the drive someway on its own.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News