Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Update: The [Register or Login to view links] reports that when contacting Sony they were assured a PS3 fix will arrive by morning, but for those who can't wait you may wish to give THIS FIX a try.

Today it appears PSN crashed, with widespread reports of error code 8001050F - hardware failure for PS3 ([Register or Login to view links]) consoles!

Sony has [Register or Login to view links] the following, to quote: "We're aware that many of you are having problems connecting to PSN, and yes, we're looking into it. Stay tuned for updates."

Sony has also issued a [Register or Login to view links] and second [Register or Login to view links] stating: "PSN status update: We're narrowing down the issue and continue to work to restore service to all. Updates as soon as we have them."

This is currently happening to a LOT of people, and some are concerned their PlayStation 3 entertainment system is now bricked as a result!

8001050F - Hardware failure. Cannot update Firmware or connect to Internet

Heavy Rain gives a different error (same error code) than "hardware failure" it says "Can't register trophy information. The game will now quit"

Source 1: [Register or Login to view links]
    Source 2: [Register or Login to view links]
    Source 3: [Register or Login to view links]
    Source 4: [Register or Login to view links]
    Source 5: [Register or Login to view links]
    Source 6: [Register or Login to view links]

Can't connect to PSN ("An error has occured. You have been signed out of PlayStation Network. (8001050F)")

Can't load up disks ("Registration of the trophy information could not be completed. The game will quit. (8001050F)")

Can't play any downloaded titles ("The copyright protection information is invalid. (80029513)") For some reason all my downloaded games have no owner, so they don't work.

System time changed to Dec 31 1999 (YOU CAN'T EVEN MANUALLY SET IT THAT LOW)

The only things that will work are demos, and the free version of FlOw (has no copyright information).

Anyone know what is up? Also, my PS3 slim upstairs lets me log in, but my PS3 Fat is all messed up to hell.

PSN Crashed: 8001050F - Hardware Failure for PS3 Consoles!

PSN Crashed: 8001050F - Hardware Failure for PS3 Consoles!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Exclamation 8001050F - Hardware failure. Cannot update firmware or connect to internet

Sponsored Links
    It seems that there are a lot of people, including myself receiving this error message at the moment and are unable to sign in to the PSN.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, but I'm still worried I'm gonna get stung with a console repair of some kind.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Fingers crossed its all on sony's end..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    there were problems with logging in and connecting to the official ps forums yesterday. they did some modifications to the log in system from what i can tell. maybe what they did caused problems with the ps3 trying to connect to the network as well. i would keep checking around online and trying again tomorrow. since it is sunday here in the states, they probably won't get to it until tomorrow, monday, which is a normal work day.

No games with trophies will work either.

And any downloads don't work (all owners removed) so it says invalid copyright information.

And the date is set to December 31 1999, which you can't even set it to manually (lowest date is 2000).

A couple of more links..

[Register or Login to view links]

[Register or Login to view links]

http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=388872

MW2 doesn't quit out if I go to multiplayer as fast as I possibly can. So you can play splitscreen or LAN multiplayer.

Arrow

I moved this to the Site News, and +Rep spark32!

One of the Devs here actually had it happen to his PS3 and is investigating it... perhaps Sony pushed updated certs over PSN that were messed up, and it busted boxes. I guess we'll find out what happened soon enough.

I also added Sony's "official" Twitter response to the first post, to quote: [Register or Login to view links]
    We're aware that many of you are having problems connecting to PSN, and yes, we're looking into it. Stay tuned for updates.
    Update: It's now confirmed that simply fixing the PS3's date and rebooting the console doesn't fix the errors (corrupted themes, can't sign in, etc). Is anyone here experiencing these issues with a PS3 Slim, or only the Fat PS3 consoles?

I thought it was my connection problem, so I'm not only one here... whew.

60GB Fat console here. Stopped working just before 12:00 GMT for me.

Other people have been speculating that it may be related to the date changing from 28/02 which would fit with the time my console stopped working and the fact you cant update the date/time via internet.

Majority of reports I've read are from fat owners but quite a few slim reporting error as well.

Big Grin

Update: Microsoft hacked Sony and tried to make their console better, but instead they caused the RRoD to spread to the PS3 and now the xombie (Not to be confused with zombie) apocalypse is happening.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast