Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PSN Code Generator Sites Misusing Legitimate Customer Data

Sponsored Links
    A few months back we reported on how to take action against PSN abusers, and today IronstarMovement.com (linked above) spotlighted the recent influx of PlayStation Network code generator Web sites that are misusing legitimate customer data.

Notoriously surfacing on both PlayStation 3 sites including the GeoHot blog and via chain letters recently, these PSN code generator sites attempt to obtain a legitimate user's PSN credentials resulting in fraudulent credit card charges for unauthorized content purchases.

If you use PSN, here are some safety tips courtesy of [Register or Login to view links], to quote:

"• Delete your credit card information off of your PlayStation Network account using the official [Register or Login to view links].
    • Change your email and password for your PlayStation Network account using the official [Register or Login to view links].
    • Contact Sony PlayStation customer service 1-800-345-7669, also contact your credit or debit card customer service representative.
    • Check your email tied to your PlayStation Network account for suspicious purchases.
    • Delete any random chain messages, even if they are from friends. There is a way to view a small segment of messages sent to you on the PlayStation Network. If you suspect a message to be a chain letter containing the hack view the message (WITHOUT OPENING IT) by pressing (x) twice on the sent user's profile.
    • Block users who send you chain messages."

PSN Code Generator Sites Misusing Legitimate Customer Data

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Exclamation

Sponsored Links
    Mmmm... I guess it's evident now how these people selling the $150 PSN cards for $10-$15 are getting them. Steer clear from these cards at all costs, or you might just end up with a cop knocking on your door.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    LMAO that's what you get when your trying to steal. people using sites like that deserve nothing more than to get 0wned.

Banned User
    May depend on the DNS used to bypass the login to the PSN? Maybe the credit card information may have been sniffed...

Quote Originally Posted by Osirisx View Post
    LMAO thats what you get when your trying to steal. people using sites like that deserve nothing more than to get 0wned.
    I think you need to re-read my post.

He wasn't responding to your post.

So let me get this straight...
    Delete any random chain messages, even if they are from friends. There is a way to view a small segment of messages sent to you on the PlayStation Network. If you suspect a message to be a chain letter containing the hack view the message (WITHOUT OPENING IT) by pressing (x) twice on the sent user's profile.
    I was unaware opening a chain letter would do such a thing... is this actually true? Or just overly paranoid propaganda?

Quote Originally Posted by toxsik View Post

I was unaware opening a chain letter would do such a thing... is this actually true? Or just overly paranoid propaganda?
    Wondering the same. Been getting the ones about the MW2 stimulus package. "Mail this message to X Number of people so you can get a free download of it when it releases!" or something like that from random people I play with online almost daily. Should I be afraid of them?

it is very dangerous not to protect your account if we are to use credit card as Sony does not feel responsible for his actions so no damages will be paid to the victim. So better to give his credit card code by checking the security of the site or in our case the platform download (PSNouXBL)

Quote Originally Posted by toxsik View Post

It's indeed rubbish - there is NO chance anything could be done via PM ...

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News