Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Camping in the cold sounds good, hell I've sat around in the woods for hours on end waiting for a deer that I didnt even know if it would show up at all.... this will be nothing.

@ Ninja, care to elaborate your horror story lol?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ebay is both the greatest and the worst idea ever. Price gougers (cough cough). Oh well I'll just do like I did for 360 and wait 6 months.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So if these are finally rolling out of production, is the release date still November 17 for USA? I may stop at the local EB and Gamestop and see how much they require for a reservation.

i talked to my local Eb and they said they will not take pre-order. Anyone heard this too?

Thats true. They told me they won't. But they expect 20 units per store. But that remains to be seen. I was at the local store on Saturday.

even if it's is done the cost will cause it to be plentfull cause most people willl not have the 600 bucks to hand out for the unit..

Alot more then you think will for the fact that alot of people are hopeing to turn these things around on ebay and make 2-3x their investments. Im sure it will happen as well.

On that note, wanting the premium verison should give me a shade more chance at one seeing how its 100$ more. But thats still 3.5 months away.

It's hard too tell, people still will buy it regardless of the price since there are many major game companies are supporting the system. But for me, I will wait and see. They price is too expensive for me and I don't want the first genration system.

Quote Originally Posted by WOWchamp View Post
    Camping in the cold sounds good, hell I've sat around in the woods for hours on end waiting for a deer that I didnt even know if it would show up at all.... this will be nothing.

@ Ninja, care to elaborate your horror story lol?
    Well, I pre-ordered a 360 quite a ways back.

I got a call saying that they were getting xx amount and that I would be getting mine during the 2nd shipment. The problem is they didn't call me until a few days before Christmas and I was out of town. They said they would hold it

After coming back home after Christmas, I was pissed. So I called them and told them that I wanted my $55 deposit back (console+Condemned). They said just come down and we will give you the money.

I finally make it down to the the Gamestop in my old neighborhood and tell them the situation. They know exactly who I am and start looking for the pre-order receipt. Then one of the employees says "...sorry, I can't find your pre-order slip...". I handed them the original one that I got and 30 minutes later he tells me he gave my refund to someone else

He apologizes and I'm just sitting there staring. There was one XB360 pre-order slip left in the stack and it wasn't mine. So he asks me if I picked it up. I was like" ...I spoke to you guys like 10 times in the past few months, I never picked up the console because you guys never actually had any....".

So then he tells me he needs to call corporate and get it straightened out. I leave and he calls me on my cell phone and tells me that everything is fine.

Then I just start talking about the PS3 and ask them if it would be alright if I moved the deposit to a PS3. They said they don't have a list, but as soon as they start one, I will be number 1 in line. So now whenever I call everyone at the Gamestop knows who I am and all remind me that I am number one in line to get a PS3 there.

I'll make sure they keep their word, even if I have to call every week

I just spoke to another Gamestop recently and they are saying they are expecting about 10-15 consoles, but I think they are only going to get about 5. They also mentioned that they previously had a call back list but they got rid of it. So now they are expecting to start a pre-order list in October.

That's basically it
    Last edited by NiNJA; 08-13-2006 at 12:16 AM

Sucks big time man, I would have been very upset to the point of breaking things/people

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News