Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    can i make a suggestion DAMOX, are you able to make another drop down search box titled "View database by PS3 System software" so people can see what firmware they need to be on to play and whether they need to modify a param.sfo in order to play.

also it would be great for people on Kmeaw 3.55 to see what new games are 3.55/3.56/3.60

would be awesome, thanks!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It is certainly possible. The problem is that the current 'PS3_SYSTEM_VER' can't be trusted - People are submitting their param.sfo files after they modify them to work with a certain firmware (3.55/3.41 etc.)

I was actaully considering dropping the 'PS3_SYSTEM_VER' field altogether.

I will add it in a minute, see how it goes.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    it's worth keeping, is their anyway you can auto detect a modded .sfo without having a look at each one individually.

Good one, I had the same idea weeks ago. But what I wanted to do, was an database for EBOOT.BIN and PARAM.SFO for the people who modified it, and forgot to back up. But never mind, keep it up !

Quote Originally Posted by efaction View Post
    can i make a suggestion DAMOX, are you able to make another drop down search box titled "View database by PS3 System software" so people can see what firmware they need to be on to play and whether they need to modify a param.sfo in order to play.

also it would be great for people on Kmeaw 3.55 to see what new games are 3.55/3.56/3.60

would be awesome, thanks!
    I have added what was requested. There is now a drop down box to sort by PS3_SYSTEM_VER, but still; dont trust it to be accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by efaction View Post
    it's worth keeping, is their anyway you can auto detect a modded .sfo without having a look at each one individually.
    Unfortunately no. There is just nothing in the file that leads to being able to detect modification or not.

The best I can think of is some sort of reporting feature.

I have had to add a reCAPTCHA system after waking up today and finding thousands of fake games had been added into the database.

hey mate, your 3 drop down menus, all display the same options.

Each drop down box links you to a different set of pages:

'View database by Serial Number' sorts the games by Serial Number.

'View database by Name' sorts the games by Name.

'View database by PS3 System' sorts the games by PS3 System Version (that the game needs to boot)

Covers are now available next to the game. I just used the ones from the latest multiman.

If anyone knows the server link to which multiman pulls its game covers from, it would help me too.
    Last edited by damox; 03-15-2011 at 02:50 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

PS3Index PC Application

As a follow-up to the PS3Index Online PS3 Game Param.sfo Community Database I have released a small PS3Index PC application I worked on today.

Details are as follows:

What: Another way to submit games to the PS3Index. With this application, you browse to the root of your backed up PS3 games, it will find the param.sfo files we are interested in, then you can upload them to the PS3Index.

Where: [Register or Login to view links]

Guide: [Register or Login to view links]

Filename: PS3Index.exe
    CRC32: D13860DB
    MD5: 343BBB4F120AAE06D94912F6E54CAB2F
    SHA-1: 8152227BFAF83D28CA5A76852F8E55D008665D50
    VirusTotal: virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=643667aa3c8c24315bf6df73770afb7cbe1 869cdd849d9bb7d38ccc7219e52c7-1300713286

If you have any problems/questions/complaints/compliments/ramblings leave them in this thread.

PS3Index PC Application for Online PS3 Game Param.sfo Database

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

preview.PNG  

Thanks for it. I can testify that the *.exe is 100% Virus and Malware free.

I have now moved the update to the main page and +Rep for the news damox.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News