Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There supposed to be some video settings in the system section you can change...

- Super White
    - Full Color

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i've tested Xvid from media player 11 to ps3 sharing, no go.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by coheedcollapse View Post
    Edit: RobtheSlob, I had to hook my PSP via USB to my PS3 to recognize it starting at 1.7 and it worked with it during the last patch. Maybe they added some trigger to be tripped if they detected custom firmware on your PSP or something. Oh well, I'm sure we'll have a workaround soon enough.
    Maybe a good recommendation would be to update to 1.70 first, pair up the PSP, then update to 1.80, just to be on the safe side until it is known for sure...

ALSO NOTE: The resistance: fall of man (RFOM) Swap trick to bypass game firmware checks works with 1.80.

I tested with a US PS3 Firmware 1.80
    RFOM USA
    NHL2K7 USA

Loaded fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RobTheSlob View Post
    ALSO NOTE: The resistance: fall of man (RFOM) Swap trick to bypass game firmware checks works with 1.80.
    How would you know that... do you already have a 1.90 game The swap might work but you cant tell if its bypassing the firmware.

Btw does the ps3 support wmv streaming with the 1.80 update ?

Maybe a good recommendation would be to update to 1.70 first, pair up the PSP, then update to 1.80, just to be on the safe side until it is known for sure...
    Yup. It works. I didn't have to re-pair my PSP to my PS3 after the update and I'm successfully connected to my 1.80 PS3 with my 3.40 OE-A PSP. I've tested it a few times already. (At least on my local wireless network. Looks like there will be a separate system for the PSP Internet remote play in which you sign in to your PS3 via your PSN ID.)

So yeah, take that advice.
    Last edited by coheedcollapse; 05-24-2007 at 04:09 AM

Quote Originally Posted by GamingSensation View Post
    How would you know that... do you already have a 1.90 game
    my bad. yes, i just meant that the swap still works.

I have been trying to get video to stream from WMP11 to the PS3 but having no luck yet. If I try to play a video it just fails and disconnects me from the media server... not sure whats going on.

my bad. yes, i just meant that the swap still works.
    It's working perfectly for me, but only on media compatible with the PS3. I have like 100 "unsupported format" icons in my list and that depresses me.

Maybe you're having port problems?

For those wondering, here is a list of v1.80 features:
    • You can now upscale the video content of PlayStation and PlayStation 2 format software to HD resolution.
    • You can now copy saved data from PlayStation and PlayStation2 format software to a memory card or memory card (8MB) (for PlayStation 2) using a memory card adaptor.
    • You can now upscale video content of DVDs to HD resolution. However, some DVDs cannot be upconverted when outputting through component for D-Terminal connectors.
    • Support has been added to allow remote play over the Internet.
    • You can now display image files and play music and video files that are saved on a remote device with server functionality (such as a PC or digital video recorder) over a network.
    • Support for a print function has been added under [Photo]. For more information on supported printers, refer to the SCE Web site for your region.
    • Support for zoom and trimming has been added under [Photo].
    • A new type of slideshow has been added as a feature under [Photo].

I have updated to 1.80 and run nero media home on my PC. It now picks up files that are marked as labeled xvid!

This is a major update for me. I didn't even have to scan for the nero home, it just picks it up. I need to get an antenna sorted out for the pc to try streaming HDTV.

Woohoo

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    I have updated to 1.80 and run nero media home on my PC. It now picks up files that are marked as labeled xvid!
    Let us know how that works out for you. I might have to find a program that works like mediahome if it ends up successfully transcoding and playing files across your network.

Also to any interested in Guitar Hero, I have bad news (well..not bad news as much as an absence of good news) - GH 2 is just as screwed up with the USB adapter as it was before the patch. No changes on that front.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News