Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Do you guys know where i can find this swap magic disc or the files itself? I mean if i find the files can i burn it on to dvd and use it like that? Cuz i've got no idea about it. thanks

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

SWAP MAGIC is REQUIRED

Sponsored Links
    Swap magic is a PS2 PRESSED FACTORY DISK.. so, no you can not just copy the files onto a DVD and espect it to work! ATM i'm really happy with this, not that i'll rush out and buy a SM disc because I really like this generation games and not the last one's!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by SPYdir View Post
    Do you guys know where i can find this swap magic disc or the files itself? I mean if i find the files can i burn it on to dvd and use it like that? Cuz i've got no idea about it. thanks
    Sorry but you cant use a Swap Magic disc that you have burned yourself. It needs to be a Genuine pressed disc otherwise the Ps3 will come up with an error.

hi guys i have a 60gig jap.. does anyone know what version of swap magic will run on my ps3? as i am interested in trying this out
    thanks

Banned User

just read ahead!

I answered you question just 4 posts ahead!

Lightbulb

I think he means which version as in: 2.0, 3.0, 3.6, 3.8 Coder, US, EU, JP etc will run on his 60GB Japanese PS3 console.

Recalling vaguely from the PS2 days, you needed a Japanese Swap Magic (pressed) disc to run on a Japanese PS2. As for the version number of Swap Magic, chances are these days you will only find newer ones (3.6, 3.8+) being sold so hopefully those will suffice.

If anyone has it working on a Japanese PS3 feel free to post which version and region original Swap Magic disc you used.

PS: I have now added a Spanish video of it in action to our videos section: http://videos.ps3news.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I think he means which version as in: 2.0, 3.0, 3.6, 3.8 Coder, US, EU, JP etc will run on his 60GB Japanese PS3 console.
    Thanks for clearing that up i should have mentioned region
    Anyway i found a swap magic 3.6 JAP now i just have to wait 10-20 days before i get it to try this out

Is anyone planning to try this out on a US PS3? I have a 20GB US PS3, and if nobody else tries it, I guess I'll have to go find a swap magic disc and try it myself

I don't believe it will work (the current v0.1 version) with anything beyond a Japanese PS3 until they release an update (or someone else updates the ELF), which will likely have the BE/BA/BI data modified for the correct region to accomodate US/EU PS3s (assuming the PS3 version supports PS2 games).

At least that is my take on it, but I could be wrong.

You only need the sm disc for this method to work, right? Not any switches inside the ps3's drive? If so it'll be great news for those of us using the old ps3s As long as it's functional for PAL and US systems... So we'll wait and see!

Another question, swap magic disc is region free?? Or I need to find a PAL one to work for me in case the method works for other regions' systems?

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News