Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The only way I can imagine this works is that it is in fact PS2 binary that you make run through magic swap and is being able to load PS2 HDD backups. So maybe I was to quick (and harsh) with my first post, however this is only useful for those who have machines already able to run PS2 software. It also means this will probably never be able to load PS3 backups...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by RexVF5 View Post
    The only way I can imagine this works is that it is in fact PS2 binary that you make run through magic swap and is being able to load PS2 HDD backups. So maybe I was to quick (and harsh) with my first post, however this is only useful for those who have machines already able to run PS2 software. It also means this will probably never be able to load PS3 backups...
    Jeah that's right It's wuite old :

You can load Ps2 Homebrew for a while but the Iso launcher is new

Greet

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    there will be a way to run code on the normal ps3 we will just have to be patient simple

Does anyone confirm this is 100% functional?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by imtoodvs View Post
    has anyone tried the .elf file on a US 60 gb yet? I just ordered a copy of swap magic today, so I'll be attempting it next week. First a new president, now this.
    Where did you order the swap magic from? which page as I need a reliable source to buy one.

I have an 80gb ps3 capable of running ps2 games and would be really handy to have a swap magic in case it can work with USA-MEX 80gb ps3s :P

I would be really really great to have ps2 backups running from a USB Memory hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by r3pek View Post
    Well, if confirmed, I really think this should go to the front page
    The issue is, people need to submit news using the clearly labeled "Post News" tab or Submit News link at the lower right of every page here.

I will have to add this to the news and try to merge the threads one it posts live, but hopefully in the future others can use a little common sense when sharing news here.

Even the Announcement on every Forum section details how to do it... short of me setting up a 'forced' prompt for users to submit news versus make new threads I am unsure what else can be done to remedy this.

PS3 USBLD Loader v0.1 Released, PS2 iSOs on Japanese Consoles

Update #2: idone has made a handy PS3 USBLD Loader Tutorial for 60GB and 20GB for those having trouble.

Update: A Spanish video of it in action is now available in our Videos section.

Today Reflecter posted HERE news about PS3 USBLD Loader v0.1 by Ifcaro, which apparently allows those with a 60GB Japanese PS3 to run PS2 iSO images from an external USB HDD.

According to the included ReadMe file, a PAL version is expected to be released soon. It is reported to work on the latest PS3 Firmware, but it requires Swap Magic to load the ELF file.

Download: PS3 USBLD Loader v0.1 (Japanese Only)

From the ReadMe file:

USBLD Versión 0.1
    Siiiiii, por fin ha funcionado XD
    Proximamente en tu PS3 PAL...

Requisitos:

+ Tener una copia del archivo USBD.IRX de sony entre la versión 0.13 a 0.17 en mc0:BEDATA-SYSTEM, mc0:BADATA-SYSTEM o mc0:BIDATA-SYSTEM

More PlayStation 3 News...

Can it be installed as otherOS?

Well I hope this eventually works with US PS3s. I have a 60 gig and many Japanese ps2 games. I'm tired of breaking out the old ps2 when I want to play some Hokuto No Ken.

When and if it does work won't Sony just patch it in the next firmware release? I don't know if it's worth not being able to download from the PSstore or not being able to play games online.

Exclamation This Is Old News...

This is really ooold news... not the iso loader itself which is new, but loading a .elf file trough SWAP MAGIC... I believe this method is known for a loong time but running emulators with this was just a pain because LINUX is so much better for that!

Anyway, I'm sure it's legit, I was expecting a ISO loader to pop up anytime... GOOD THING I HAVE A PAL 60 Gigger! Now where, oh, where I could find a Swap Magic 3.6+ disk!?!?! (BY THE WAY: You need SM 3.6+ to launch separate elfs - from what I know of! )

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News