Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PS3 USBLD Loader Source Code and USBAdvn Patcher Released!

Just over a month ago Ifcaro released PS3 USBLD Loader v0.3 RC1 & ModHook Versions, which attempted to increase PS2 game compatibility and added a language/driver file folder. For those unaware, PS3 USBLD Loader allows you to run PS2 image back-ups on a PS3 via USB.

This weekend he has made available both the PS3 USBLD Loader Source Code and a Patcher Utility, as follows:

Download: http://usbld.googlecode.com/files/svn_snapshot_26-04-09.zip / http://ps2dev.ifcaro.net/archivos/USBADVN_PATCHER.zip

To quote, roughly translated: The source code of the "Advance USB Loader for PS3" licensed GPLv2. The Web site of the project is: http://code.google.com/p/usbld/ I hope that it involved more people and more can be improved.

From the ReadMe file: INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPILING USB ADVANCE LOADER

To compile the USB Advance Loader you need to make some previous actions.

First you will need a copy of USB ADVANCE unpacked completely (3MB)

To "enable" loader's patches is necessary to edit the original USB ADVANCE's elf.

To do this, replace in the offset 0x000016e8: 8a6e 040c to a600 200c

Now USB Advance will give the step to Loader to add new features.

Finally copy the USB ADVANCE elf renamed to USBADVN_ok.ELF to the emb folder

NOTE: In the source code appears the name of some modules that I have extracted from the USB ADVANCE elf. These modules gave them the name that occurred to me at that time.

These modules are:

- PARCHE_EE: It is not a module but it is a piece of code for EE is loaded just before
    to launch the game.
    - MSD.IRX: (MASS-DRIVER) This is the module responsible for the manege USB disk filesystem.
    - RAMDISK.IRX: Its a RAM DISK for IOP updating with USB ADVANCE modules.
    -CDVDMAN.IRX: It is a replacement driver CDVDMAN to read from USB.
    -USBLOADER.IRX: IOP part of USB ADVANCE.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's a dumb question..
    If your PS3 doesn't have backward comapitability, can you still play PS2 games with this?

I fail to see how that gets asked time and again, but the answer is still no.

Please refer to the v0.3 RC1 thread for further discussion of that... we don't need to rehash it all again here.

For those seeking to experiment with the source code following the instructions above, I have attached a copy of USB ADVANCE unpacked completely (3MB).

I'm glad Ifcaro released the source code for this. Maybe someone with can help to improve it. I know dlanor (uLaunch.elf) is looking at the source code with hopes of making it more compatible with usb drives. It would be nice if someone could tweak it to improve compatibility with ps2 games.

Question

How do you patch it?

Is there an already patched version out?

Arrow

Not that I'm aware of.. it's mainly for Devs who are familiar with using disassemblers like PS2Dis (http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Station/8269/ps2dis/). Ifcaro did post this example though:
    Patching USB ADVANCE elf it easy to do. Just edit it with winhex or hex workshop.

with WinHex the steps are:

1. Position -> Goto Offset and put 16E8
    2. Change 8a 6e 04 0c to a6 00 20 0c
    3. Save file
    I'd say for most end-users it's best to wait for those working on it to release some updated 'test' versions though.
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

What do I use to put it all together?
    It says something about compiling it but I cant find what to compile it with?

I've edited the file, packed it and it works but cant see the USB HDD so I guess thats not suppose to be ran on the PS3 yet. How can I get it to work?

I've googled for PS2 compiler and found a lot of broken links. I did find one that worked but its for linux and I'm running Windows 7.

If there a compiler here under downloads somewhere or can someone point me in the right direction?

I use to hack on the PS2 but I dont have access to those files anymore and that was years ago so none of them would probably work in this Windows anyway.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSmith View Post
    I've googled for PS2 compiler and found a lot of broken links. I did find one that worked but its for linux and I'm running Windows 7.

If there a compiler here under downloads somewhere or can someone point me in the right direction?
    This used to be available on his old page (http://xorloser.com/PS2DevWin32.zip), but the link is now dead atm so I attached it below.

This is an installable PS2Dev environment for Win32. It contains compiler tools for EE, IOP and DVP built on the GCC v3.2.2 toolchain and patches, (no source code included). It also contains ps2sdk with libs and samples precompiled, (source code included).

When installing, DO NOT install to a directory path that contains spaces!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    This used to be available on his old page (http://xorloser.com/PS2DevWin32.zip), but the link is now dead atm so I attached it below.
    That was the first dead link I found. Thanks for this.

great news, but from what I read before it was only japanese and european ps3s that were able to use this app, is it gonna work on the us models as well?

thx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast