Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 System Software Update v4.60 Arrives, Details Available

Sponsored Links
    Following up on their previous PlayStation 3 Official Firmware update, today Sony has released a mandatory PS3 System Software Update v4.60 with details below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] by Joonie86 / norpatch.exe (v4.60.0) by judges

To quote via Twitter: PlayStation Verified account: PlayStation

System software updates coming soon for PS4 (v1.72) and PS3 (v4.60), both will improve system software stability during use of some features.

As always, we will update this article with any additional or hidden features found in PS3 System Software Update v4.60 as they become available with an official changelog below.

PS3 Firmware 4.60 Changelog:
    • Closed captions are now supported for playback of Blu-ray Disc titles and DVDs. To display closed captions, select [Settings] > [Video Settings] > [Closed Captions].
    • The style used for closed captions, such as the font, size and color, can now be adjusted. Select [Settings] > [Video Settings] > [Closed Captions Settings].

Those interested in getting online can use the old PSN bypass methods including Yet Another Bypass v1.8 with a refresher guide below from yum114, as follows:

Download YAB here: [Register or Login to view links]

1. Extract it, open the folder, and Double click YABStart. It will open and close really quickly. That's what it's supposed to do
    2. Open command prompt(click the start menu on your computer, in the search box type cmd that will show you command prompt, open it)
    3. Type in ipconfig
    4. Write down your ipv4 address
    5. Go to your ps3 go to network settings. Click custom. Set up your wifi with your network and password.
    6. Keep selecting through every menu option until you get to "proxy server" and put in that ipv4 address in the address spot. Put 27 in the port number box. Accept everything and test connection. It should work now. Also, you will not have to do this again, unless you log off your router on your PS3. Or if you go to YAB folder and open the YABKill app.

From checcolin comes PSNPatch_Spoof_4.60.pkg with details below, as follows:

Download: [Register or Login to view links]
    • Tested on Habib Custom Firmware / Cobra 4:55 v1.03, install the version of the Stealth PSNPatch v4.55.02.
    • Press the select key to enter into Cobra Toolbox.
    • Press the left per remove the plugin Webman.
    • Then you can reinstall the plugin WebMan for the version compatible with the spoof.
    • Also from Cobra Toolbox by pressing left reinstallate the plugin.
    • Now you can enable it by pressing triangle spoof.

Caution: Always check the firmware version from the System Settings, if you get the version X.XX not access the PSN and disable spoof from PSNPatch.

From bitsbubba comes a PS3 4.60 Version Spoofer for Rogero / Zero 4.55 CEX CFW (4.55 version spoofer (4.60).pkg) with details below, as follows:

From version spoofer for Rogero/Zero 4.55 CFW

Note: Use with caution, I have no way to test, but should work fine! For those having trouble I made these 2 pkgs:

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

Both have:
    • 4.60 spoof cfg edits
    • webMAN (with 4.60 spoof by aldostools)

From Orion9 (via gamesonic.it/forum/homebrew/3836-webman-v1-29-3u-matsumoto-con-spoof-4-60-orion.html#post12521) comes a working version of Webman 1.29.3u by Matsumoto with spoof 4.60 for CFW 4.46, to quote:

This is a working version of Webman 1.29.3u by Matsumoto with spoof 4.60 for CFW 4.46.

In the next hours I will release a version for 4.55, if there is a tester that want test send me a private message.

From arachetous (via arch-ps3-hack-mod-cfw-jailbreak.e-monsite.com/homebrew-download-telecharger-custom-firmware-dev-pup/homebrews/4-60-spoof-enabler-disabler.html) comes a 4.60 Spoof, v1.02, v1.03, v1.04, v1.05 and v1.06 updates for 4.55 CEX Standard PS3 CFW's, as follows:

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Spoof 4.60 for all CFW CEX Standard 4.55 by ARCH)

Hi friends, Here is a small spoof 4.60 for all CFW 4.55 CEX standard. The connection to the PSN then works enjoy!

Features v1.00:
    • Compatible standard CFW 4.55 CEX only version
    • Not compatible Rebug or CFW Cobra edition or no-BD
    • Enabling and disabling spoof easily

Update v1.01:
    • Add: certificate / CAxx version 4.60

Update v1.02:
    • Add: support CFW 4.50 CEX Standard

Update v1.03:
    • Add: bug connection psn fixed for cfw 4.50

Update v1.04:
    • Add: support CFW CEX 4.55 no-BD version
    • Add: support CFW CEX 4.46.1 Rebug REX [only on retail/normal mode] and LITE edition

Update v1.05:
    • Add: bug connection psn fixed for cfw 4.46 rebug REX

CFW's Compatible (Up to v1.02):
    • Rogero 4.55 / 4.50 CEX
    • Zero / Habib 4.55 / 4.50 CEX
    • Ferrox 4.55 / 4.50 CEX
    • Arch 4.55 / 4.50 CEX

CFW's Not Compatible (Up to v1.02):
    • All CFW Rebug or Cobra Edition and No-BD version.
    • CFW DEX

CFW's Compatible (v1.03+):
    • Rogero 4.55 / 4.50 CEX (Included the version no-BD)
    • Zero / Habib 4.55 / 4.50 CEX (Included the version no-BD)
    • Ferrox 4.55 / 4.50 CEX (Included the version no-BD)
    • Arch 4.55 / 4.50 CEX (Included the version no-BD)
    • Rebug REX edition 4.46.1 (only on Retail / Normal mode)
    • Rebug LITE edition 4.46.1

CFW's Not Compatible (v1.03+):
    • All CFW Cobra Edition and CFW 3.xx or CFW DEX

Operation:
    • Download and install the package
    • Launch the application, choose enable or disable spoof 4.60
    • Then put yes to two successive questions (yes to reboot, yes to hard reboot).
    • Console restarts and ok.

Note: If you have a PS3 that does not restart correctly. No panic, just reinstall your CFW by the recovery mode.

From aldostools comes an updated WebMAN v1.29 + IrisMAN v3.03 (4.60 Spoofed) as well for those interested.

From HiJaM/Ho$ter (Ps3GunZ) comes a Spoof 4.60 for Rebug 4.46.1 CEX/DEX v1 with a guide and video below, as follows:

First Release of my new Spoof 4.60 v1 with Screenshot VSH, built dayone !

Main Features:
    • Spoof active only in REBUG Mode
    • Screenshot VSH working in all modes even 4.46
    • Spoof working in all modes (CEX/DEX)

Steps to do to install it:

1. Set System Mode to Normal in the second column of Rebug Toolbox (Needed !!!)
    2. Install 4.60 Spoof v1
    3. Set System Mode to Rebug in the second column of Rebug Toolbox to enable Spoof
    4. Enjoy PSN and VSH Screenshot feature !

From PlayStation 3 developer zecoxao on the PS3 4.60 OFW update: New 318R Blu-ray Package, checking other stuff... a few changes: lv2_kernel, emer init, a couple of vsh plugins, and the new BD package. Nothing else as far as I could see, but I can imagine the ODE business trying to find another solution for this.

From PlayStation 3 developer Habib on Sony's new protection patch (error 0x80010017):

Hi everyone! Just got bored and started reversing lv2 of 4.60. This error is seen when you mount iso and you have disc inside PS3. The patch:

Offset: 68DAC
    Patch: 60000000

Aand for 0x8001002B: 65c58 -> 38 60 00 00 4E 80 00 20

This is expected to be used with ALL backup managers and forks out there (with iso support or maybe, just... you know...) took me 1 hour to test, patch etc

0x80010017 Fixed:

[Register or Login to view code]

0x8001002B Fixed:

[Register or Login to view code]

So here goes all the new protection patched.

Btw: Didn't check for update error (0x8001002b) and it is still there, so avoid updates for now (if you have disc inside PS3)!

Sample which does the patching necessary for 4.60 cfw.

Changelog (since my last unofficial version):

1. removed splash screen of iris
    2. fvcked sonys new drm mechanism (80010017 when running iso with disc inside and 8001002b when running iso with updates with disc inside)

Finally, according to reports thus far most ODE users (who are updating their PS3 Firmware to v4.60 instead of spoofing the version) are currently receiving PlayStation 3 error codes including 80010009 or 80010017.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

IMG_1588.jpg   ps3-spoof-4.60.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    downloading from Playstation.NET???

this is fake?, in official website nothing about 4.60...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It's legit, sometimes (such as this time, for example) Sony opts to announce it via Twitter (twitter.com/PlayStation/status/481240308450340864) vs on their site is all

hi, this update is OFW or CFW?

is it safe to update for 3xxx ode?

It's OFW, and no I wouldn't update if you are using an Optical Disc Emulator at the moment.

Registered User breakevenfiend3's Avatar

Multiman ps3 4.60

hey guys. So, someone play with my ps3 and he accidently update it to 4.60. The Multiman doesn't work anymore. It says "an error occured during the start operation (80010017)".

I didn't know whether my ps3 has just been banned or not. But, I can still sign in to PSN. so, what should I do?

do you have install package files and app home? if no then you are not jailbroken any more, if you do have them in game menu, you can just downgrade back to another cfw cause multiman does not support 4.60 cfw yet and there is only one 4.60 cfw out there right now

Registered User breakevenfiend3's Avatar
    I still have the package file. So, all i need is to downgrade it to 4.50 right? Is there any simpliest way to downgrade it? does it have any other way to downgrade it without using any additional hardware like a flasher or is it okay to downgrade it to 3.55. like this?

I just buy the ps3 about couple month ago. I'm totally didn't know anything yet.

does anyone know were i could get the CFW to jailbreak my ps3? i have been trying for days

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News