Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links

PS3 OFW 4.60 bricked my Blu-ray games help?

Sponsored Links
    I re-thermal pasted my 60gb PS3 CECHC02 successfully as I have done this before and I decided to put in a second hand blue ray drive as the old one was a bit sloppy to grab discs everything went fine as I got to the xmb so I did an update from some version.

I don't know the old OFW but I updated to 4.60 all was good until I found the BR drive's are locked to the mobo so I pulled out the one I had in and put my original one back in, now when I try to play games I get nothing, I reformatted my hdd and went into safe mode and tried a few things there but I still cant play BR games.

Its ok to play everything else - DVD movies, DVD PS2 games, Blue ray movies, downloaded games from the PSN but not any BR PS3 game. There is no option to reinstall the game there is only an option to get updates online as the BR disk gets found and for whatever game is in will show the background and icon.

It will show a error 80010017 this means a Blue ray drive problem so I swapped internals from another working before drive and still the same but if I do an update game online option it then says error "ffffffff" so... wow what is going on?

Everything was fine before the update that is OFW. How long does it take for Sony to release another OFW because im hoping it will fix this problem or better than that is there someone that can help me with this?

Oh yeah I dont have the original 60gb hard drive in it but it has a 500gb hard drive in it for a couple of years now with no problems, I tried both hard drives and formatted them but this is no better.

Thanks all,

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Only option for you is hardware flasher downgrade to 3.55 re-pairing new BD drive and update to newer version of CFW or OFW.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Reinstall the firmware from the PS3 Safe Menu as the firmware updates the BD-player's firmware as well. Then try again.

I'm not to savy on downgrading to 3.55 does this mean once downgraded I re marry the br drive somehow then try OFW to 4.something all the while not really changing the OFW's ability to kick me out of the PSN as would it see the downgrade as a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Xufar View Post
    Reinstall the firmware from the PS3 Safe Menu as the firmware updates the BD-player's firmware as well. Then try again.
    Yes, well... I did this too but I will see if a second time will change something thank you , what would happen if I did this but with version 4.55 or 4.50?
    Last edited by SilverRing01; 07-14-2014 at 04:33 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It's not possible to reinstall a lower firmware once on 4.60

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRing01 View Post
    I'm not to savy on downgrading to 3.55 does this mean once downgraded I re marry the br drive somehow then try OFW to 4.something all the while not really changing the OFW's ability to kick me out of the PSN as would it see the downgrade as a problem?
    Not sure what tutorial you followed in first place on changing blu ray drive. You should have just been able to swap Logic Board unless you had issues with it.

Downgrading to 3.55 to remarry blu ray drive, then updating to OFW will not affect PSN. It's very simple to clear the PS3 of any CFW or homebrew before going online.

Is don't think the problem is within the logic board, since he states that everything else is working fine (DVD's, PSN Games). Have you swapped the lasers already? Any other problems with the drive?

Hi Xufar, I have swapped the whole drive and kept the original main board in the system and both of the lasers I have here work fine on dvds and bluray mainly everything but ps3 games.

Is there a way to downgrade to 3.55 without a flasher and can someone help me step by step instructions to do everything from downgrade to remarry to erase cfw and put ofw 4.50 on please.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News