Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 System Software Update v3.65 is Released, Optional Update

Sponsored Links
    Sony's VP of Network Entertainment Eric Lempel has announced today that an optional PS3 System Software update version 3.65 is now released.

In addition to containing new keys, the PlayStation 3 Firmware update simply improves the operating stability of some PS3 format software, and changes the XMB item SaveData Utility (Minis) to SaveData Utility (Minis/PSP).

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: Earlier tonight we released an optional system software update (v3.65) for PlayStation 3. This new firmware improves the operating stability of some PS3 format software, and changes the XMB item SaveData Utility (minis) to [SaveData Utility(minis/PSP)].

Again, this update is optional, and can be downloaded by selecting System Update from the Setting column of the XMB.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I love how they keep saying optional when it really isn't, it's just optional today.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    agreed.. there will be more security fixes in this firmware - especially when people are publicly announcing that they have been snooping in the firmware again.. I don't think we'll get another go at CFW to be honest. 3.55 will be the last.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    One thing it doesn't have yet is surround sound support, which apparently will be added in PS3 Firmware 3.7 for PlayStation 3 games.

But it has a surrender support ... as I gave up updating to it

holy crap.. OPTIONAL homer what do you mean surrender support.. or is this some joke that gone over my head.. LOL

i'll update i guess.. actually might wait if i can still go online just in case 3.61 cfw comes out.. LOL yeah right..

It was a joke on "surround support" in post from Boss just above...

Noob question - but why is CFW 3.61 and above difficult / unlikely ever to happen... I was following this site closely at the time of 3.55 and thought that once the keys were published by Geohot that was effectively making the PS3 wide open no matter what Sony did after that?

What am I missing?

linux is back on the ps3, that's why no one works on a new cfw. sure - some people would do a new cfw but don't have the knowledge/ skill how to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybarryk View Post
    I love how they keep saying optional when it really isn't, it's just optional today.
    Yeah, nothing optional about it. It forces you to update if you ever want to sign into PSN.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News