Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Its mandatory here in Australia too.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    it was 100% mandatory for me in australia also for some reason..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    After update from 4.10 to 4.11 MOST of my friends have problem with connect to internet. many time ps3 go offline than go back online
    anyone here have the same problem.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Lol, anomalies, superb. Always the best, from this SEN network department, right?

Never heard of a ps3 fw that was not mandatory to update to to connect. If that's true and it's not mandatory (although ppl are claiming otherwise), then that will most like rule out that they've found and patched an exploit. They wouldn't say its not mandatory, they would say a security threat has been identified and patch making your system more secure.

Leleoooo, maybe it's just maintenance. I would wait a while longer to see if it's still happening.

Just checked. Not mandatory in NA
    Last edited by SanctumSlayer; 02-16-2012 at 07:35 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

There was actually several non-mandatory FW updates in the past so it's nothing new really. You'd not even noticed them unless you'll go and check for update manually or read about them here or elsewhere as PS3 will not prompt you on it's own to update for those when you go online.

Just find it funny how it is MANDATORY in PAL regions (as stated on their PAL Blog too), but optional in NA

Exclamation

WARNING! For all EUR users! This update is from now on forced! Without it you will not be able to sign in on PSN!

Oh and I am really looking forward on playing the new Uncharted on the PS3 ?! Hope Sony will make some way that we can play it without the need of the Vita itself. But i am also wondering. How about the controls?

Ah, who cares if it is forced? There is nothing of value in the previous firmwares.

It's not like we're losing anything (like OtherOS in 3.15)

You will lose your ability to lets see... install CFW etc? Still thought I wanted to share it. And OtherOS... who needs it anyways?

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News