Today Sony Network Entertainment VP Eric Lempel has announced that the mandatory PS3 System Software Update 4.10 has arrived with details outlined below on their latest PlayStation 3 Firmware, as follows:Sponsored Links
Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] courtesy of ps3hen / [Register or Login to view links]
Hi, everyone. We are releasing a new system software update (v4.10) for PlayStation 3 today that will include a few minor changes that we want to make you all aware of.
First off, once you download the new system software, you will be asked to accept a change to our Terms of Service. In an effort for more unity between PlayStation Network (PSN) and other Sony Entertainment Network services, your "PSN Account" will now be named "Sony Entertainment Network Account."
Please note that this change is one in name only and will not change the PSN that you know and love. You'll still play games online, still have access to the latest downloadable games and add-ons, and still experience a wide variety of movies, sports and music across PSN.
With this system software update (v4.10), we'll also be updating the PS3 Internet Browser with improved display speed.
You can find more details after the firmware goes live [Register or Login to view links]. We look forward to your feedback in the comments below.
Updates: According to [Register or Login to view links], PlayStation 3 Firmware 4.10 now features dropbox support as well.
To quote: "If there’s one thing that many, many PS3 owners have been longing for, it was Dropbox support on their consoles. For those not familiar with the service, Dropbox allows users to upload files from their computers (movies, music, etc.), and then download those files from just about anywhere, and now that “anywhere” includes the PlayStation 3. Dropbox’s main site was previously unusable on the PlayStation 3, but is now fully functional (except for uploads from the PS3 itself, which may cause the system to freeze).
We tested everything from music to movies, all downloaded with no problems at all, and boy were the downloads fast! This is one incredible addition to the PS3 arsenal, and may very well have gone unnoticed by many. With Dropbox offering 2GB free just for signing up, folks will no longer have to worry about portable hard drives and USB thumb drives to move their content to their PS3... how cool is that!?"
The update also mentions improvements to the browser as well as automatic time synchronization with PSN/SEN.
Oh wow, they've changed out the crappy browser for a Webkit based one that actually works. Hurray!
The new features include:
- The Internet browser has been improved, which optimizes the display of content and increases the accuracy when viewing page layouts. Some sites that previously could not be correctly displayed, including interactive websites, are now supported with the PS3 system software 4.10.
- Every time your PS3 system to connect to PlayStation Network (PSN) are prepared in the time you can precisely set via the Internet. For this you go into the XMB (XrossMediaBar) on [Settings]> [Date and Time Settings] [Automatic Settings] to.
- PSN account will be renamed Sony Entertainment Network account. The registration process and the credentials will remain the same.
- In order to download PS3 system software version 4.10 requires at least 180 MB of free space on the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).
Sony PlayStation 3 hacker KaKaRoToKS has also confirmed (twitter.com/#!/KaKaRoToKS/status/167468527484284928) that the exploit still is working in PS3 4.10 Firmware. Below are a few Tweets, as follows:
- Confirmed (by someone in the team) that we can still install the packages in 4.10, but we still can't run apps in 4.0 or 4.10.
- We don't know if the exploit to run apps in 4.0 (once we find one) would work on 4.10, so my advice: don't update unless you really need to
Finally, in related PS3 homebrew news today cotojestwtf has once again updated his PSN DNS bypass application to [Register or Login to view links] followed by [Register or Login to view links] and [Register or Login to view links] with the changes outlined below:
Yet Another Bypass:
How to use:
1. Start bat file YABStart
2. Set up on PS3/Proxy Seetings IP: of your computer
3. Set up on PS3/Proxy Seetings Port: 27 u can change them on config folder (port.txt)
4. Connect to SEN
Successfully bypassed 4.10 on 4.00
- No It no gain you PSN on CFW.
- No You can't connect to SEN on firmware below 4.00.
You can download all stuff from PSStore without error. Enjoy.
- 1.5 - added bypass support for JP, UK users.
- 1.4 - added bypass support for US, AU users.
- 1.3 - GUI was removed, successfully bypassed a new firmware 4.10.
- 1.2 - GUI Mode was added, but it cause a conectivity problems.
- 1.1 - added YABKill to kill a proxy server.
- 1.0 - first release.
More PlayStation 3 News...