PS3 Spring Launch

I understand that the official launch is spring 06' but is that worldwide or is that like march 06' for japan? I would also like to know if there is any info on regarding the ps3 being region free. Will we be able to use ps3 consoles from japan and play usa/uk games or will they be divided like the existing ps2 systems? THX

All I know is that the PS3 can't be launched soon enough. It's gettng boring reading nothing but PSP in the news section. I think the PSP is cool but I don't plan on buying one anytime soon.

PS3 launches in the spring of 2006 in Japan. The US probably won't see it till summer.

"Presumably, the PlayStation 3 is slated for release in spring 2006 in the US. For more details on the PS3, check GameSpot Hardware's complete coverage of the console."

Source: Gamespot, http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/09/news_6127242.html

This might be true considering xbox 360's Halo 3 is suppost to be out in spring as well.
    But i dont know what to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by rspike84
    ...Halo 3 is suppost to be out in spring as well.
    HAHA!! And when was Halo 2 "SUPPOSED" to be out. I was convinced it was just a sales ploy to move more xboxes. A video game urban legend.

yeah.. i want my ps3 now, k sony?

M$oft wants to push Halo 3 upon PS3 launch. Best bet would be that $ony hits back with one or more hot launch titles. Ie. GT5, GTA6 , FF??, MGS4, Medal of Honor ?, or compilations of a series on a bluray disc? Only time will tell.