Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Slim Console Surfaces on Black Market in the Philippines

Sponsored Links
    Update: [Register or Login to view links] appears to be back online, and Vespene Gas/Editor & Graphics of [Register or Login to view links] stated: “Sony can't keep leaks. Spoiler: It’s Real”

The Web site this originated from (UltimatePlayStation.com) has been shut down by Sony to kill any evidence of it's existence. However, they have not taken down the YouTube video (below) yet. Enjoy!

To quote: "I'm sorry the video is very short and very low quality, but my phone is ancient and the memory is very low, but I hope you believe me when I say this is in now way a fabrication."

The details are as follows, taken from the Web site now seized by Sony:

- It has a 120GB HDD.
    - Two USB Ports

- The 'touch' button for eject and on seems to be gone, and there are now these random buttons.
    - The PS icon is now white instead of colored.
    - No more card reader
    - PLAYSTATION 3 is gone, rather its PS3. It says this on the bottom as well for some reason.
    - The guy was selling it with a DualShock 3. Whether it is compatible is another matter.
    - The guy was selling it for 20,000 pesos, which is roughly £250, which is roughly $410

If there's any other information on this unit, let us only hope, someone will snatch it up and leak more info on it!!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the news, pic and video Nairb! +Rep!

Let's hope Sony doesn't make us remove them too.. as it's all over N4G, GameTrailers, etc so trying to stop it is futile indeed at this point.

PS: It boggles my mind that some sites are still reporting this as a fake

Example: [Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    Wow serious? If I was still in the Philippines, I'll probably check this out myself.

(Or not because I wouldn't be as rich to afford one :S)

But maybe I should get some of my cousins to check this out for me.
    This is really interesting.

Wonder how much this would fetch on ebay

haha

wow, the design is so simple. IF this is real, and almost everything is pointing that it is,....well its may too simple (unless thats what they wanted to go for). Are there any advantages and/or disadvantages from the Normal PS3 to the Slim PS3?

i dont wont to be negative. BUT HOW THE HECK DID THAT GUY GET IT!!!!??
    is it an inside job?
    did he steal it?

the only thing we know is that there is something called "PS3 SLIM" and we see images and videos that cant really show it in a whole convincing way, just like aliens.

i hope that this is real and the fact that sony tried to block it or hide it says so.
    and the guy is selling it!

why dont someone give him 50 bucks to get him to spill the guts of the playstation codes.

all i know that that guy is now hunted by sony.

i hope i'm not hurting anyone feeling i'm gust speaking my mind...

Can't wait for it to hit home.

Banned User
    i think that the picture is fake but the new ps3 slim is true, because that ps3 look like sony didn't desing it.

ps: that ps3 looks awful, is horrible.
    Last edited by zaror1992; 07-13-2009 at 12:58 PM

Quote Originally Posted by zaror1992 View Post
    i think that the picture is fake but the new ps3 slim is true, because that ps3 look like sony didn't desing it.

ps: that ps3 looks awful, is horrible.
    first we had leaked photos of the chassis and the box design now a video of it on the black market. Sony flipped out and took down the whole page that was hosting the video. its real trust me.

the interesting thing is.... this slim may be a dev unit. which meas it was either stolen from or sold by a developer.

too bad no one can buy it up and see.
    Last edited by JeffJ; 07-13-2009 at 01:10 PM

Lightbulb

Someone here can perhaps check the pic to see if it was altered (exif data?)... below is the original (1600x1200) and another smaller (possibly modified) one of it.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

2crueis.jpg   aysi03.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Someone here can perhaps check the pic to see if it was altered (exif data?)... below is the original (1600x1200) and another smaller (possibly modified) one of it.
    ill take a look, but one thing i do not is when i clean up the original... it most definitely says PS3 on it not just PS

the photo is legit it came from a sony ericson cellular phone.

and here is the original image after i cleaned it up.

the modified picture you posted PS3 News has no meta data besides the image resolution.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

10gidz5.jpg   289spj.jpg  
    Last edited by JeffJ; 07-13-2009 at 01:17 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News