Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Directions Buttons PS3 and rendering

Sponsored Links
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has compiled the opensource renderer called Pixie for the PS3. i have tried and failed (i also have tried using the rapidmind optimizor aswell, both failed) (yes i have access to the rapidmind system )

Reply if you know what your doing :P

Carlo

Sponsored Links
    I would guess you need to specifiy --configure options that you might be missing, but I dont know that program specifically.

what is the compile error you are getting?

I am trying to get a renderer to work under ydl... Blender and Pixie both DONT WORK! I was hoping Autodesk release a ppc version of Maya.

if PIXIE is open source you should be good to go, compile from source.

what is the error you guys are getting?
    Last edited by orff9; 06-13-2007 at 03:25 PM

Blender may work if i compile from source... If i remember well pixie stucks at the ./configuration when it doesn't find TIFF library? which is already installed..? I don't remember well...

update: I tried again: ON pixie: clplus: error allocating 3xxxxxxxx of 5xxxxxxx. Seems we need more memory for compiling...

Blender requires a glibc and again at compiling i got an error: "TLS support is require" Both qlibc and pixie stuck at make command....Pixie compiling needs more memory as the ps3 stucks when compiling it... I can't figure out what is TLS?! If i fix it i'll inform u.

update: i used --without-tls parameter in the configure cmd of glibc but again at make cmd: TLS supporŭÏqGis required !@#$@ what the heck
    Last edited by ST0RM53; 06-14-2007 at 08:25 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4 months ago i worked Blender on ps3. But it was too slow.

yeah? how do u installed glibc?

i dont remember fully but i installed extra packages like freeglut. next week i will be at home, i can help at that time while i meet with my ps3 again.

freeglut? OpenGL? So blender supports opengl. i'll try..

for example

[Register or Login to view code]

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News