Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Square Button PS3 Price Revealed???

Sponsored Links
    News from IGN.

According a an article published in the May 17th edition of Japan's Mainichi Shimbun, the PlayStation 3 could be one of the most expensive mass-market videogame consoles ever created. Officials from Sony apparently told the newspaper that PlayStation 3s would sell in Japan for "less than 50,000 yen each." That translates to about $465 US dollars.

Sony unveiled its next-generation console at the Electronics Entertainment Expo 2005. The beast of a machine utilizes the powerful Cell processor, a custom-designed graphics chip by Nvidia, and 512MBs of RAM for a quantum leap in performance. The system will also be the first-ever to support high-def movie-playback out of the box, taking advantage of the upcoming Blu-ray Disc format.

Sony claims that PS3 will be roughly 35 times more powerful than PS2. If Mainichi Shimbun is correct, gamers will be asked to pay a hefty price for the high-end functionality.

IGN was unable to validate this news with Sony officials. Stay tuned for more as the story breaks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Makes me wonder if all the kiddies out there will get a definite NOOOO... from their parents when they would have to shell out close to $500 for this bad boy.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by HellzSpawn
    my mom would laugh in my face back in the day. now i got my girl for that. lol
    I hear ya with that one. My wife is already laughing in my face over this expense

i think my tuition is laughing me in the face...

when the ps2 came out 5 years ago the price in the uk was 300, thats around 550 us dollars, so i dread to think what this baby is gonna cost, also the dollar is weak these days so that tends to push prices up in the US market, i think im gonna have to get a ps3 as the E3 videos of the upcoming games were absolutely awesome, and theres still the best part of a year before release, not sure about the controller though, but u can guarentee sum1 will make a converter so u can use ur dual shock on ps3, the future of video gaming is looking very bright indeed

Yah, now I gotta shell out some more $$$$ for an LCD HDTV to really enjoy the PS3, geez

Hopefully this will narrow down who gets it on release day... as the same happened with the PSP in my area. A lot of kids "reserved" it by dropping $20, but when it came time to pick it up they declined/opted out due to not having the other $230+ readily available. If the PS3 is ~$465 on release, even though there will still be an incredible demand I bet many will fold when it's actually available as well... one can always hope anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by PS3News.COM
    Hopefully this will narrow down who gets it on release day... as the same happened with the PSP in my area. A lot of kids "reserved" it by dropping $20, but when it came time to pick it up they declined/opted out due to not having the other $230+ readily available. If the PS3 is ~$465 on release, even though there will still be an incredible demand I bet many will fold when it's actually available as well... one can always hope anyway!
    So very true...I might be inclined to wait out a few versions that are released, because of the always problematic 1st Gen $ony consoles that are released first, with always having a problem with them. And, with that amount of money, it would suck to get a goofed one. Time will tell I guess.

my master card is clean/clear
    going to watch for PS3. Its never too early to start...

Quote Originally Posted by Radiskull
    So very true...I might be inclined to wait out a few versions that are released, because of the always problematic 1st Gen $ony consoles that are released first, with always having a problem with them. And, with that amount of money, it would suck to get a goofed one. Time will tell I guess.
    You are correct in this assumption but do not forget that generally there were more security flaws in the first releases making it much eaiser to safely backup your originals. Granted with the PS3 and blue-ray this might be a bigger challenge but who knows what the future holds.

As far as the Cost I know $465 seems a lot but look at the hardware included. You will be very hard pressed to match that price. I for one will be getting one and of course the wife will NOT no how much it costs or where I got the extra money. ROFLMAO

Murd0ck

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News