Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How can they use the 300GB Hard drive as an incentive for folks to buy this? They already have 320GB systems! You can CURRENTLY get a 320GB console that IS hackable... why WAIT on a system with a SMALLER hard drive? As technology advances, drive prices drop as well as other hardware prices... so, you save a few bucks by sacrificing some of your drive space? 20GB may not seem like much in PS3 terms, but hey, 20GB is better than nothing.. 20GB is what the cheaper PS3 came with when it was launched.

What I want to know is, why are they making such large hard drives for the systems anyway? I mean 320GB seems awful big for game saves, game installs and DLC... and even then, they allow you to install a different hard drive... Wait, maybe the NEW "Un-hackable" PS3s will do away with USB ports and non user removable hard drive... just what Sony needs to do, remove MORE features... take the Xbox360 route, offer MORE stuff, for the same price, not remove stuff... the "new PS3" will probably be the PSPGo of PS3s.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by optimusxcrime View Post
    nothing is "hack proof" though..
    True, and this makes sense for Sony. We already know they have no intent of releasing a PS4 for some time, the PS3 was meant to be a 10 year console as mentioned recently by Sonys president. Why not release a "hack proof" version and see how it holds up. This is perfect research for PS4 and everyone knows a new PS3 would be a huge hacker target.

Bring it on, I'll be toasting marshmallows on the flames...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sony doesn't know anything... yeah they don't actually with a jailbreak without a court will make the ps3 sales go up instead of being mule like the iphone and the ipod touch.

soon as they finish with Geohot he will may change his nickname and hide his identity(should do that before) and then boom a jailbreak wave on the new console. that's just my concept hehe..

Given $ony's past track record for protecting their assets vs customer satisfaction, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they block psn access to current phat and slim models soon after the release of the 'hack proof' system, thus forcing people to spend MORE money to upgrade (some people who have JUST upgraded)

Jeesh, whatever works for ya Sony, thanks for making a secondary system strictly for online play more affordable! I'm sure I along with everyone else will just throw our old systems away. Good luck on the unhackable part as well... you'll need it.

Big Grin

well, i'm not throwing mine just install homebrew and give it to any kid and say: "here this is the mother of a psp"

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool400 View Post
    Given $ony's past track record for protecting their assets vs customer satisfaction, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they block psn access to current phat and slim models soon after the release of the 'hack proof' system, thus forcing people to spend MORE money to upgrade (some people who have JUST upgraded)
    This would be illegal (in the US at least) for several reasons we need not bring up lol. You can't block old systems, as millions of consoles would literally be barred. Compare that so say a couple hundred thousand that they would sell of the new one, taking this road would be self-destruction for the company (at least in the gaming aspect).

Well I think a lot of you guys talking about reverse engineering are still forgetting that you need something to start from. And in the original PS3 that was linux. That's where all the original information about the ps3 originated from. We glitch attacked for a way to read and write into the hypervisor and dumped the lv0, lv1, etc.

So assuming the Sony has changed at least some sort of the architecture for the system, and definitely change all their keys, this ps3 will have some unpredictable obstacles with no documentation to gain an understanding for.

Ok Sony... you still haven't learned your lesson. Keep painting a bulls eye on all your systems for hackers. If they are claiming it is hack proof, this is like poking a bear.

Remember Blu-Ray? "It will be at least 10 years before the DRM is broken".

OK, that reminds me, by Blu-Ray rip just finished. No trailers and I can skip around wherever I want.

It is reported that the new systems will each come with a PS eye; however, they will be permanently wired with remote monitoring capabilities. As soon as you touch your PS3 inappropriately, a shift worker in India will press a red button that momentarily puts your system in presentation mode with non-skippable commercials showing PSNs features.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News