Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Maybe all firmwares will be signed with a new master key. And the new master key uses a proper implementation of the encryption algorithm. Still not hack proof, but it'd certainly make things much more difficult.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't have an issue with this, really, i've had enough fun already with a hacked ps3 that I will gladly go back to a hackproof system. The system offers so much for so little, if the price drops here in america that would be super cool. A hacked console only makes sense for someone that eats content really fast or in this case games. When you are a grown up you get to play 5 - 6 games a year and buying them is part of the experience.

I know homebrew is really nice and all but people that want to get a hacked system will get it anyway, at one price or another. Stock on those current slims if you need all that homebrew, its probably a good idea.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    this is certainly interesting. so, this new "un-hackable" ps3 is why sony shelved some of the current ps4 development, i take it. while actually owing the products i buy is nice, i don't like where this may be going.

1. sony makes the ps3
    2. hackers/crackers do their thing and open the ps3 software wise
    3. sony makes a new ps3 with increased sofware protection
    4. hackers/crackers do their thing with the new ps3
    5. sony leaves the console market and focuses on games like sega
    6. console gamers are then forced to buy either the m$ or nintendo consoles for the next generation

"The hack-proof SKU will be a slim PlayStation 3 model and will contain a 300GB hard drive as an incentive to purchase the hack-proof system
    If sony was really smart they would also add ps2 compatibility to it, would probably cause a lot of people to run and get it. Not really worth it for hard drive alone as its not very hard to upgrade the hard drive and get get a much bigger drive.

Hack proof would mean that they changed something inside the PS3 (hardware site) and not just 3.56 pre installed. Well, the reverse engineering start again !

Self destruct antitampering device maybe? Or e-fuses...

One option would be to block running of any SW signed with the old keys but then you'd be not able to use any of the current games (BD based) unless they'll manage to run some additional authenticaton via PSN but this would be impossible for all those permanently offline PS3s...

I'm guessing the new firmware/PS3's will have a MD5 signature. Once the unit is ready, they MD5 it, save that number hidden in the system,then on boot it compares that number, and if anything has changed, it might shut the system down giving an error code, and advising you to contact costumer services.

As for them selling them off cheap in the UK, is great news. Now it makes it more in arms reach, to make a 5 screen games system. GT5 , wow

I'm thinking not..

Just looking at what PS3 Software represents in terms of revenue it is clear they will not leave this market due to some "hacked" PS3's: engadget.com/2011/02/03/sony-posts-1-64-billion-profit-playstation-has-strong-holiday/

Indeed - it's proven above any doubts, that both gaming industry as well as film / music one are going strong despite (if not thanks to) a "piracy"...

i think they release that hack proofed ps3 to watch out, how the system gets hacked next...and collect these infos for ps4, to make it much more secure... -.-

If you could copy the JIG 1:1... you can do what you want ? Why, don't copy it exactly 1.1 ?! of course, some reverse eng. is needed, but possible ?!

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News