Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS3 Price Drop to $199 Spotted on David Jaffe's Twitter?!

Sponsored Links
    Update: It appears as though he was just joking, with a follow-up tweet stating:

"I keed... I keed! But wouldn't that rock?!?! Hey, gimme a break! It's late and I'm working on a Sunday nite! Sue me! :) Love ya'll! :)"

We could have yet another in a long line of PS3 Price Drop confirmations as follows..

Last night David Jaffe's [Register or Login to view links] shows the following tweet:

"Sh*t! It's on. PS3 price drop news from JAPAN! $199 US dollars?!? They were NOT kidding...sh*t! SWEET!"

If this is true, Sony's PlayStation 3 console now has the price to compete with the less expensive Nintendo Wii and Microsoft's Xbox 360.

Although David Jaffe's work (most notebly in God of War and Twisted Metal) is admired by many gamers, some are already questioning how that makes him an authority on the retail price of the PS3... only time will tell for sure.

PS3 Price Drop to $199 Spotted on David Jaffe's Twitter?!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That would be nuts. I could only imagine the storm this would cause with all the PS3 haters. The would be reduced to complaining about PS2 BC or the fact you cannot have sex with it. I personally think it will be $299 ish. $199 would be ridiculous, I would prolly buy another one just to be awesome.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Indeed.. I guess people like David Jaffe can get away with it though, although he is taking a little beating on some sites for the stunt I see.

It would have been nice if it was true though, especially with Sony stating their PS3 costs dropped 70% the other day.

$200

That would be really nice to see the price drop down that low, then maybe just maybe my broke friends would be able to affoard the system, I myself would pick up another system to put in the bedroom, and I am sure others would also look into picking up a secound maybe even a third system, it has been said before that the magic price is around 200 to sell systems and I am sure this would help sony out a lot and if the decreased there cost of manufacturing by %70 it could just might be plausable.

Now he says he was just kidding --'
    That's really professional David... There's always the change he was not supposed to tell it and he regreted telling but I don't believe that...

I would buy another. I was consider buying a 360, but hell if I can get a better experience even if it is the same I would love it. Blu-ray, PSN, and all their brilliant games. I would count not only the 360 down for the count, but also the Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by CyanCaze View Post
    I would buy another. I was consider buying a 360, but hell if I can get a better experience even if it is the same I would love it. Blu-ray, PSN, and all their brilliant games. I would count not only the 360 down for the count, but also the Wii.
    As far as PSN that has a lot to improve on to even compete with Xbox's Live service, I guess you get what you pay for, it will be interesting to see how stripped down the new system is to cut all the cost by 70% but even still another bluray player for 200 can not complain by no means at all, as far as the games go the 2 systems (xbox and playstation) both have there pluss if you are a gamer you really do need to own both systems to benifit from all the goods, I feel most games are better on live for the fact you really dont have the cheaters going on as often, for example the call of duty cheaters that go out and ruin a great gaming expierence, which you will only find playing on live.

Lightbulb

sweet i'll have to get a 2nd one

I really can't see sony dropping the price that low. sony is (and from first one sold) bleeding money off the PS3. 250 maybe cause with the slim coming out they have to price it just to trying to clear the shelfs. look for the slim to be priced around 300 or 325. sony needs to really try and make some of that money back. it will be two years before you see a price drop on the slim.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News