Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS3 Owners: Don't Buy Fallout 3 DLC, Wait for GOTY Edition

Sponsored Links
    As you may or may not have heard, all of the Xbox 360 exclusive downloadable content for Fallout 3 will be coming to the PS3 this summer, thereby making the Xbox 360 exclusive DLC not Xbox 360 exclusive at all.

Timed exclusive? Whatever, that doesn't mean anything to me.

In addition, however, two new chunks of DLC are coming to both platforms, though the 360 gets it first... again. So you might think to yourselves, dear PS3 owners, that you've waited long enough and want to buy that DLC right away. But not so fast!

The DLC is only going to start trickling out this summer, the two new pieces actually hitting in the fall. As it turns out, a Game of the Year edition is also coming out in the fall, October to be more specific, and it's going to have all five DLCs in one package. If you've managed to hold out this long, you might as well just wait and get the GOTY edition.

As an expert calculator user, I can tell you that five pieces of DLC at $10 apiece is $50, and that's on top of buying the game in the first place. Trade that game in, however, (or sell it) and you'll likely make up the $10 difference. This gets you all of the DLC without taking up precious hard drive space, and it doesn't cost you anything more than if you downloaded it all separately.

Fallout 3 is a great game, and it's definitely something every gamer should experience. If you haven't played it yet or you want to experience all the DLC, wait till October and get the most bang for your buck. Then again, if you're the type of person that absolutely must have stuff as soon as possible don't wait.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think this is very sound advice, if you tally up the price of the DLC packs, its gunna be way more than the GOTY edition alone, and if your like me, I wait until the price comes down (unless the game is a must have), but because its a re-release the RRP price wont be that high, so a bargain to be had (nice advice Starlight)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I agree, if you don't have the game by now, you might as well wait. It will be much better to start the game with all the expansions and increased level cap.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News