Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Online Storage for Game Saves and Firmware 3.60 Incoming

Sponsored Links
    Sony's Senior Director Susan Panico at PlayStation Network has announced today that Online Storage for PS3 Game Saves is coming to PlayStation Plus alongside PlayStation 3 Firmware 3.60 update.

To quote: We've got an exciting new feature coming exclusively to PlayStation Plus subscribers. Included in the system software update (v3.60) coming tomorrow to PS3, PlayStation Network's new online storage for game saves feature gives PlayStation Plus subscribers the capability to back up game save data to the cloud. Online storage for game saves is a great way for PlayStation Plus subscribers to ensure that their data files are secure and also for users who wish to access their files from other PS3 systems.

The new online storage feature allows gamers to store up to 150MB of game save data and a maximum of 1000 data files per PSN account. Users also have the ability to back-up "copy-prohibited save data," and all previously saved data may be restored once per 24 hour period. When the new feature launches, most PS3 titles will be compatible with online storage for game saves, and moving forward, all new titles will have the capability to offer the storage option.

As I mentioned before, online storage for game saves functionality is included automatically for PlayStation Plus subscribers with system software update (v3.60), which will be available on March 10, 2011, and users can access their stored data on the XMB at any time. Additionally, users who save their files to the cloud can access their data on any PS3, using their PSN sign-in ID.

PlayStation Plus subscribers should turn on the auto-download feature to ensure that the update will begin downloading as soon as it's available, so you can start backing up your game saves right away. If you aren't already a PlayStation Plus subscriber, be sure to check out our bi-weekly post highlighting the free games, discounts and exciting exclusives we offer, in addition to the upcoming online storage for game saves feature.

Other minor features will also be added via system software update (v3.60). For more information please visit [Register or Login to view links] once the update is live.

Finally, according to [Register or Login to view links] SCE states that currently only two titles are not compatible with Sony’s 'Cloud' Online Storage system- namely Enchanted Arms and Afrika.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

PS3 Firmware 3.60 releasing shortly, Cloud-based saving for Plus Members..

Sponsored Links
    It was going to happen, but didn't realise how quickly!
    Last edited by gtxboyracer; 03-09-2011 at 03:34 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It's a great feature but hiding it behind a pay-wall, limiting the space to 150MB and only allowing upload of game saves in the game saves category (no home data, memory cards, profile settings) and also one at a time so no autosyncing etc makes it just seem rushed and unfinished.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Moved to the main page now and +Rep to Mbb for the news.

well it looks like they are trying to help us but what kind of patching does this mean for cfw? do you think that we could change this app for our needs for free i think it sucks that they make you pay for something like this i really don't like the idea.

i think they should of tested it before they start selling it to us. it should be for free watch a app for cfw that will give it to use for free maybe not on theirs server but on another lol the race is still on for the fight of the ps3 let us win lol.

PS+ will always or most the time get first dips/trials... Its what makes PS+ worth buying (Plus cheapies/freebies), and kind of makes sense why Sony would do it... Why be a PS+ member if the rest of the free world get the same.

I say eventually they will release it the rest... But most probably cap the MB to a lower amount... 50mb or something lol.

I see this as one of those features that isn't that popular for some people while limiting and not allowing other data to be backed up such as the home catergory and what not.

I just signed in on 3.55 and wasn't prompted for the update.

seems useless to me but maybe i'm missing the point.. i will check it out... + is a rip off with the games they "choose" for you... why not get monthly points to spend on what you want and not what is "acceptable" for kids and adults in psn instead. oh well i got sucked in somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb4god View Post
    I just signed in on 3.55 and wasn't prompted for the update.
    update will be tomorrow depending where you live.. i think they go off GMT.
    Last edited by elser1; 03-09-2011 at 10:46 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Gotcha. US here. I'll just stay signed in till then. See what happens. Bought another PS3 for strictly OFW use if need be.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News