Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

the game developers working on ps3 games should focus on making the games run better/faster before even thinking about bloating the game sizes with graphics. don't get me wrong, graphics are good, but i'd rather have a fast running game with no loading than a 1080p game with real life graphics that runs at 20 fps. don't forget how much more games would cost if they were to use the new bdxl discs.

Blue Ray is dead folks. There are much better systems that can hold vastly more volume. The prices have come down to the point they cost only a few dollars more.

The real question, is it needed? I don't think they are. The next big thing to hit gaming and movies is 3d, and without getting too technical they generally take up to twice as much volume as a standard HD movie.Blue ray shouldn't have a problem with that, unless sony decides we all need to switch systems.(I think they already have) Blue ray is flawed in the sence it can only store so much info.

It has its limits no matter what they do to it.(this is why they have to move to online services) Don't be fooled with hype that the ps3 cant do it. Sony just wants more money. Big mistake on Sonys part, they run with the technology and forget the customers that buy it. Xbox anyone?

Big Grin

that would be funny if sony got sued for false advertising "It Only Does Everything!"

I don't buy this one bit! this would violate the federal communications act here in the u.s and sony would get sued because they would be busted for these charges in the u.s and even in the u.k.

False advertising. Discrimination against consumers.

This would also be deemed illegal as well because you cannot change to another format when your sales during the holiday season saw blu-ray players out sell dvd's and by releasing this format sony would face countless lawsuits because they knew that this was coming and they did nothing to warn customers during the holiday season which would be deemed as robbery under the u.s law.

actually sony is completely free from any false advertisement cause of the TOS you signed when you went online with your ps3 and it clearly says in the TOS that they can remove features if it will potentionally harm the system in an illegal way so eh, and dante's inferno on ps3 is about 10 gb and I've seen some that go up in the 20's.

just crazy if we would have to download that just better off renting it dumping it then bringing the game back or use an extremely large amount of bandwith and time but it's free heh your choice.

And to reply to the guy above me No it wouldnt be a criminal offense Because when these are released they will mostly just be used for as was said previously Archival purposes and not for the consumer in any way cause a single blu-ray is big enough as it is. BUT get pissed at sony atleast there not pulling a Microsoft on us and banning every single use they find.
    Last edited by Reaper2122; 04-06-2010 at 03:13 AM

well for now i don't really care about the whole idea!! and also the games fit well in a 50g bluray disc.

Quote Originally Posted by perkunas View Post
    Blue Ray is dead folks. There are much better systems that can hold vastly more volume. The prices have come down to the point they cost only a few dollars more.

The real question, is it needed? I don't think they are. The next big thing to hit gaming and movies is 3d, and without getting too technical they generally take up to twice as much volume as a standard HD movie.Blue ray shouldn't have a problem with that, unless sony decides we all need to switch systems.(I think they already have) Blue ray is flawed in the sence it can only store so much info.

It has its limits no matter what they do to it.(this is why they have to move to online services) Don't be fooled with hype that the ps3 cant do it. Sony just wants more money. Big mistake on Sonys part, they run with the technology and forget the customers that buy it. Xbox anyone?
    i think games such as Final Fantasy (new one) makes blu-ray all the worthwhile. no switching disks, no need to cache files onto the hard drive thus taking up space etc. etc. its more convenient, after all that's why we got a console, for convenience.

We need to move away from discs completely, and stick with SSD's. i hope by the time next gen consoles arrive we will have gotten SSD technology advanced enough to leave discs in the past.

SSD's are great!!! FOR ARCHIVING & READING, not so much on writing & rewriting... after you write /rewrite so many times to a SSD block, that block become useless & now your SSD is now 1 or more blocks smaller then it was.

i hear people all the time braggin about thier SSD's, then after a few months i hear them complain about things getting corrupt & disk is smaller... etc.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234