Over the weekend ps3mediaserver
has updated his PS3 Media Server application to version 1.02. Today, some users reported a few issues with it so he fixed them and released a version 1.02.1 update.
Downloads: http://ps3mediaserver.googlecode.com/files/pms-setup-win32-1.02.exe / http://ps3mediaserver.googlecode.com/files/pms-setup-win32-1.02.1.exe
The author states: If you have no troubles with 1.02, you can skip 1.02.1, as this one has very few fixes, aside this major bug: 1.02.1 Fixes:
- Major Bug in server start due to a faulty MAC address retrieval
- PMS do not start after activating the archive browsing option
- Media library small fixes 1.02 New Features:
- Auto-updater, default configuration, cleanups and windows/linux build scripts (thanks to Tim Cox)
- Media library (also act as a parsing cache): you can sort your files by date, ID3 tags, etc.
- Playlists (m3u/pls) support
- Preliminary album art support, better audio (flac) and tags parsing
- New options for video resolution, deinterlace filter, and archives browsing
- Video settings with an easier virtual menu (A/V sync, deinterlace, ...)
- Windows service installer (working on 32 bits only)
- New image parsing library: Better performance / EXIF support (sort photos by camera model, etc.)
- DVR-MS addon 1.02 Fixes:
- A/V out of sync issues with some ISOs and medias / codecs support improvement (flv, rmvb, hdmov, mp4, multichannels avi, etc.)
- External subtitles not always loaded
- Upnp advertising issue in search reply to the ps3 (thanks to Daniel Pedersen)
- SkipLoopFilter is now disabled by default
- Regression since 0.98, server would not start on some machines
- Newest builds of ffmpeg/mplayer/mencoder for win32
- Usual bunch of fixes More PlayStation 3 News...