Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Media Server Beta Update v1.20 Build 412 is Now Available

Sponsored Links
    After quite awhile of being away, it looks like shagrath and the community have updated PS3 Media Server to Beta Update v1.20 Build 412.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

Note: As this is a PC side application, you do not need a JailBroken PS3 to use it with your PlayStation 3 entertainment system.

Recent build changes include the following:

- Double check for Mplayer existence and font generation (useful for latest Sherpya's revisions)
    - Ability to shutdown DLNAorgPN automatic support for a given renderer (see DLNAOrgPN attribute in the renderer conf file)
    - Some hack stuff for mpeg2 remux on Bravia TVs
    - RAW generation fixed
    - Custom mencoder quality settings for a given renderer

Not sure what changed in 412 specifically though, all I can find is "small change" (suspect a bug fix).

PS3 Media Server Beta Update v1.20 Build 412 is Now Available

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for submitting the news PSPSwampy and +Rep.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice... one of the best apps to have for PS3 owners.

I was wondering how this was better than tversity, then i see tversity in the screen shot

hope it's better than ps3 media server (java)

Quote Originally Posted by properBo View Post
    I was wondering how this was better than tversity, then i see tversity in the screen shot
    Yea hehe, whenever a screenshot isn't included with submissions I just Google for one and stick it in... in this case I searched for PS3 Media Server and that was one that popped up.

Quote Originally Posted by hayman View Post
    hope it's better than ps3 media server (java)
    Thats exactly what it is Since Shagrath looked like he had no time for it anymore and he hadn't updated it for a very long time there has been a forked 'community patched' version. This has also been updated to include the new update.

Hmm, you need a NAS or an Home Server to get it work, right ?

And this app is just do get i.e. Music files from the source to your PS3, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by oVERSoLDiER View Post
    Hmm, you need a NAS or an Home Server to get it work, right ?

And this app is just do get i.e. Music files from the source to your PS3, I think.
    No, this is to use your computer as a media server to your PS3 (listen to mp3, watch movies,.. streamed from your PC to your PS3) I don't use it in a while but i remember it supports most used video formats and subtitles. And you don't need anything to make it work.. only a PC, a PS3 and a local network..
    Last edited by TRib; 10-07-2010 at 05:24 AM

That's the problem, my PS3 and PC are in the same network, but I can't find my PC via Mediaserver. But I don't care, I've my external HDD and much work to do with Jailbreak and FTP. So no time for movies. But thanks for explaining it.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News