Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Media Server 1.00 and 1.01 BETA Updates Available!

Sponsored Links
    With all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, here is some PlayStation 3 news that we missed from earlier this month.

That being said, ps3mediaserver has been working on PS3 Media Server which is a DLNA compliant Upnp Media Server for the PlayStation 3, written in Java, with the purpose of streaming or transcoding any kind of media files, with minimum configuration. It's backed up with the powerful Mplayer/FFmpeg packages.

Downloads: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

Current Features:

- Ready to launch and play. No codec packs to install. No folder configuration and pre-parsing or this kind of annoying thing. All your folders are directly browsed by the PS3, there's an automatic refresh also.
    - Real-time video transcoding via MEncoder, tsMuxer or Avisynth
    - DVD ISOs images / VIDEO_TS Folder transcoder
    - OGG/FLAC/MPC/APE audio transcoding
    - Thumbnail generation for Videos
    - You can choose with a virtual folder system your audio/subtitle language on the PS3!
    - All formats PS3 natively supports: MP3/WMA, JPG/PNG/GIF/TIFF, and all kind of videos (AVI, MP4, TS, M2TS, MPEG) the PS3 is willing to play
    - ZIP/RAR files as browsable folders for pictures/audio files
    - Preliminary support for pictures based feeds, such as Flickr and Picasaweb
    - Preliminary Internet TV / Web Radio support with VLC, MEncoder or

MPlayer Windows Only:

- Lossless 5.1 PCM transcoding with DTS movies

Finally, in a holiday update [Register or Login to view links] on the author's blog he states that the 1.01 is a BETA package, so things could be broken. You just have to extract contents into the application folder (and replace the pms.jar file). Also, an official 1.02 version will follow next.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have been using windows media server for my streaming but this looks like a much better option, so will give it a try.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There are some older versions (more buggy, less features) on his blog too, but I just added the latest one and the update patch to the Site News post. I will archive them all in our Downloads section tonight though.

The Patch Update changelog is here:
    v1.01:

- New features

Mac OSX version !! (thanks to Robin Mulder)
    Audio High Fidelity engine: 24bits/96kHz/5.1 FLAC support (HDMI receiver mandatory)
    French localization
    Audio/Subtitles priority settings (same as Haali Media Splitter)
    Truetype font setting, with some new codepages, for asian subtitles

- Fixes:

m4a and aac are now transcoded by default (iTunes Apple Lossless compatibility)
    seeking issues with dvr-ms and tsMuxer with AC3/PCM mode
    Displayed aspect ratio preserved

so.. does this have any advantages over tversity?

excellent idea and terrific effort! we definitely need more of these dedicated programs for the ps3. more programs to make it even more useful and add more value to its awesome mostly untapped hardware power. i'll give this a try when the stable version 1.02 is released. hopefully very soon

subtitles?

@Conee: I am not using TVersity, I prefer Twonky which I consider much better.

Do you know if that media player supports SUBTITLES (e.g. SRT) ?

Nice this works pretty good, dont need to configure anything just launch and set sharing folders. most i tested worked fine

Do you know if that media player supports SUBTITLES (e.g. SRT) ?
    yes works fine. got a few settings for it aswell
    Last edited by slammy; 12-27-2008 at 11:36 AM

great news thanks for this BOSS.

We wish you a marry Christmas

Banned User

Awsome

This is great! How do you save your settings, mine keep going back to default.

totally better than tversity!

finally no more manually updating the database

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast