Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS3 Linux window sizes too small

Sponsored Links
    Ok so every live cd for Linux I could get my hands on has this same problem. I realize that Linux will look like crap on my sdtv but even so I would think I should be able to view an entire window.

Take Firefox for example. I cannot see the bottom of the window and the options window is just a nightmare. Yes I know I can set Firefox to go full screen but thats a work around for one window and definitely not a fix.

I cannot find a solve for this in all 8 pages of ps3 Linux within this forum. Every time I Google ps3 Linux resolution or find threads about it here everyone talks about 480i, 720p, etc with ps3videomode settings. I don't know what else to call this. I mean to me resolution means 1024 x 768 pixles. Of course if I set my PC res to something extravagently lower than 800 x 600 I wont be able to see entire windows on my OS either.

So how can I change the resolution or window sizing or whatever to make a full window in its entirety viewable on my sdtv? I really don't even care if I cant read most of the text on screen just so long as I can clearly see the 4 borders on my windows.

Please forgive my ignorance and help the frustrated noob.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Sues View Post
    So how can I change the resolution or window sizing or whatever to make a full window in its entirety viewable on my sdtv? I really don't even care if I cant read most of the text on screen just so long as I can clearly see the 4 borders on my windows.
    It's a bit problem to squeze out a "higher" resolution on non-HD telly ... The only options are either defaul 480i or (if your telly'll support it) 576.

If you're really into a regular using of linux on PS3 you might be better off by getting some LCD (PC) monitor with DVI input (preferably supporting HDCP) as well. Decent 19" (at least if you're on teh budget) screen are already quite affordable ...

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News