Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Linux kernel

Sponsored Links
    Could someone explain me what it is, what it does, and if i think its handy will it work at my JAP PS3 60GB ?

Thnx in advance

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What PS3 linux kernel?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This one [HERE] in the update, you can donwload it [HERE] in the PS3 download section

Yeah, the files in the download section = provided by $ony for porting your distro of linux to the PS3 (comes with appropriate kernel patches etc, and docs that talk about booting, and whatnot)

However, you still need additional files (not yet provided) to install and reprogram the PS3's flash (the bootloader) to boot up to linux, in a few days hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Yeah, the files in the download section = provided by $ony for porting your distro of linux to the PS3 (comes with appropriate kernel patches etc, and docs that talk about booting, and whatnot)

However, you still need additional files (not yet provided) to install and reprogram the PS3's flash (the bootloader) to boot up to linux, in a few days hopefully!
    What are you talking about? Are you an idiot or just like to believe people won't check the facts.

XMB on the ps3 freakin has a "Boot into Optional OS. In the freakin menu. And YDL will distro their's on the 24. With Fed also doing it.

And Sony has gone on record how it's done.
    You pop in distro disc
    You select the Optional OS
    It automatically partitions it and install into it.
    You boot up your non XMB OS from that menu.

First off, you dont wanna call me an idiot.

Second off the OS has that, but it DONT WORK without a BOOT LOADER installed on the PS3! YDL = comes with it yes, that is all for YDL (includes installer w/ bootloader etc) $ONY = also is releasing an installer for your own OS (ie other distros).

So get your facts straight before calling other people idiots, or you wont be around here for much longer!

PS3 Triangle Button

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    So get your facts straight before calling other people idiots, or you wont be around here for much longer!
    You're far too nice... I'd have banned his ass the instant I read it.

A little soft, but I do want an apology too, its just not right!

Very very rude, had I been in an admin position he would have been canned on the spot!

You'll find that of any of the PS3news staff, the ones who won't talk/make up crap are the admins!

Was reading this through - very interesting stuff re linux (for March 2007 in UK ).

I almost deleted that post myself - until i saw that both ADMIN's and a senior Mod had already responded!

Sheesh - kuu - you need to watch yourself mate. from me - Bad form old chap.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News