Yesterday we posted a rumor
of a PS3 Hello World Homebrew Method found by dragula96
. Many were skeptical as it was announced the day before April Fool's Day, however, today we are happy to confirm the only fools were those who dubbed it as "fake" :P
Courtesy of dragula96
, here is the PS3 Hello World UT3 Mod Proof-Of-Concept
along with related info and a new video detailing how it was done! Please NOTE (as suspected in the previous comments
) this is a UT3 Mod and not true PS3 homebrew (running unsigned code), however, it is an excellent
accomplishment in itself.
From the ReadMe file: ps3 hello world by dragula96 4.1.08
this is a proof of concept/hello world
this already works with firmware version 2.20
the idea is to use this method to try and code
games to play via the ps3.
requirements to run:
Unreal Tournament 3 for ps3 v 1.10 i belive (maybe 1.20)
which ever is most current as of this date.
requirements to code:
Unreal Tournament 3 for ps3 and PC
must know how to compile UnrealScript and "cook" mods for ps3
- place the USERDATA.JAM file on the root directory of a usb memory stick
- then add mod via UT3 on ps3 the normal way you would any other mod
- start up an instant match, set opponents to 0, select mutator option
- go down the list select Hello World, run game.
- hud will be replaced by hello world screen.
and thats how its done.
More PlayStation 3 News