Yesterday we posted a rumor of a PS3 Hello World Homebrew Method found by dragula96. Many were skeptical as it was announced the day before April Fool's Day, however, today we are happy to confirm the only fools were those who dubbed it as "fake" :PSponsored Links
Courtesy of dragula96, here is the PS3 Hello World UT3 Mod Proof-Of-Concept along with related info and a new video detailing how it was done! Please NOTE (as suspected in the previous comments) this is a UT3 Mod and not true PS3 homebrew (running unsigned code), however, it is an excellent accomplishment in itself.
From the ReadMe file: ps3 hello world by dragula96 4.1.08
this is a proof of concept/hello world
this already works with firmware version 2.20
the idea is to use this method to try and code
games to play via the ps3.
requirements to run:
Unreal Tournament 3 for ps3 v 1.10 i belive (maybe 1.20)
which ever is most current as of this date.
requirements to code:
Unreal Tournament 3 for ps3 and PC
must know how to compile UnrealScript and "cook" mods for ps3
- place the USERDATA.JAM file on the root directory of a usb memory stick
- then add mod via UT3 on ps3 the normal way you would any other mod
- start up an instant match, set opponents to 0, select mutator option
- go down the list select Hello World, run game.
- hud will be replaced by hello world screen.
and thats how its done.
More PlayStation 3 News...