Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Why not just stream all of your content with media link or Media Center... its pretty easy lighten the load of whats on your PS3.. i can stream HD and 5.1 with twonkeyvision..and medialink for the Mac..or conversely buy a raid and an esata to sata adapter insta 1TB no prob! and a mirror! space is super cheap so building a little media server and DLNA!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    1080p files dont stream very well due to the high bitrates so upgraded to 250gb internal hdd just for those - filled up quickly though. Agree that streaming is the best for 720p files. Found TVersity the best.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by recluSed View Post
    Has anybody here actually got to a point where the extra space has been necessary? Until we can load our games onto the hard drive I don't think I will need a HDD swap.
    I got to the point where it was necessary to upgrade, i have 38 disk based games plus 90% of the psn games. I just upgraded to 320, from the 60 it came with. Without any movies music pictures or demos the hdd was full an that was with only 90 percent of the disk based game files installed. Its good to know such large hdds will be coming out, you can never have to much hdd space

I was looking at the 320 WD hard drives the other day and best buy and almost got one. I wish the 1TB was coming sooner, but I think I will just wait till the 500GB comes out. That should satisfy me for awhile.

I'm so thrilled the ps3 has a HD backup utility already on it. Makes the swap so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by lovespsp View Post
    I got to the point where it was necessary to upgrade, i have 38 disk based games plus 90% of the psn games. I just upgraded to 320, from the 60 it came with. Without any movies music pictures or demos the hdd was full an that was with only 90 percent of the disk based game files installed. Its good to know such large hdds will be coming out, you can never have to much hdd space
    I guess a greater-than-160GB drive would be necessary in some circles, eh?

Still, 500GB is still a bit pricey. I'll upgrade to that 320 when the day comes. The only worry for me is that I don't have a FAT32 external to backup to prior to the swap, ugh.

I think a 500 gb hard drive in ps3 is good enough for the ps3.

I put a 320 GB HD in my PS3 before the 500 GB was available.

Personally, I think it's a tad too expensive to go for the 500 GB right now.

i saw a 500gb for $122.00 so not too bad.

Sorry, I'm new at this. Can we use 3.5" HDD (SATA connected NOT via USB) but put outside the PS3?

THX

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by trayx21 View Post
    Sorry, I'm new at this. Can we use 3.5" HDD (SATA connected NOT via USB) but put outside the PS3?

THX
    Yes, see these threads though:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-hd...ble-39655.html

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-gu...ve-100239.html

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News