I'm having some issues with 0.4.2:
1. Like the help but it messed up all my scripts as far as I'm using the scan mainly without any params ...
So - I suggest to put help on "standard" --help option ...
2. For some reason - the scan now get stuck on "0s : harddisk position is : 0.00" and result.txt is completely empty, not even column's headings ... :?? (it WILL read the first batch of data to buffer and then freeze)
This only happen when default sig is used / -t is not specified!
3. Also - I'd suggest to change the default value for -s to 2.
4. It's also a bit slower now due to the more code and multiply conditions in the main loop. We may need to look for some code optimization / multipass scan as discussed ...
and some additions:
5. Can we add also the program version in the results.txt after the date / time? (Maybe also Moon phase, local weather, NASDAQ ... )
6. As discussed as well - including of first 16 bytes of new block - preferably both in hexa and ASCII (printable)
7. Counting the result lines and both mark then in the result file as well as report the number of results after scan will finish:
420s : Scan harddisk analysis finished.
8 results found
If you have any additional question let me now here or on EFNet (you might need to "knock" couple of times as I'm gone to lay down for a bit ...)
Nr. Data Start Address Data End Address Data Length First 16 bytes ASCII
Just missed you over at EFNet ... I was bout to MSG you with some of the bellow details.