Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS3 HD Plus PHE-01 eSATA HDD Extender Offers Limitless Storage

Sponsored Links
    According to pictures below (courtesy of Gemaga, linked above) this eSATA adapter dubbed the PS3 HD Plus PHE-01 latches to the bottom of any PS3 promising connectivity to an external SATA hard disk for some majorly powerful storage capacity.

Sure, there are other ways (such as THIS or THIS) of getting massive amounts of bytes onto the PS3.

One can simply swap in a new internal 2.5" SATA into the system, or even just hook up any old USB hard drive with little hassle; however, the latter won't give the same transfer speed as an eSATA.

From the looks of it, the PHE-01 also comes with an additional four USB ports.

Unfortunately, aside from what can be derived from the pictures there aren't any further details on this product yet... time will tell.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This doesnt look too bad, design to match PS3 and extra USB ports if you need them.

But was looking at the pictures and started getting confused. The last picture doesnt fit with the others cos it has a fan on the one end. I thought, ok I'm looking at it wrong, but the other end has the extended end with the USB ports so wheres the eSATA slot gone?

Oh well must be another design

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    But for a visually aesthetic look with REAL eSATA, I actually like this one.

But with that 3rd photo, I agree it looks out of place...but it looks like a full enclosure for an external drive (hence the power plug and fan).

yep. Also, doesnt look like you can keep the ps3 flat with this ? As people like me e.g. prefer to keep the ps3 flat as thats how it fits best into the entertainment console.

any new infos about the price?

I agree it looks out of place... but it looks like a full enclosure for an external drive.

I wanted to update this as I ran across what appears to be a seller for this device on ebay.

[Register or Login to view links]

With shipping this will run you about $65. It also says it is only compatible with the FAT model PS3 units. Sorry, no love for the slim.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News