Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The hacker proposed some very intelligent thing: Going through all IDs possible and get everyone banned.

This is really sinister, but could actually work. If too many false positives get banned, Sony MUST deactivate the banning mechanism to protect the legit users. Sony then needs to come up with a different method, most likely weekly updates with rotating encryption.

But the one who dares doing that risks serious damage to his life. And i am not talking geohot getting sued damage, i mean getting your rear pounded in jail damage.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so i guess if i use a 3rd party peripheral such as a led light gun designed for ps2 light gun games, sony can mistake it for a jb chipset?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i can only speculate but i would say no. doesn't make sense to me that a drumkit, light gun or guitar use encryption to work with the PS3...

Could this be enough to call a Class Action suite for reckless endangerment and invasion of privacy?

Christ! Arrrg, I am pissed about this! Why has no one sued them over this yet? I can't believe the kind of thing they are able to get away with. Wish I had billion dollar lawyers too. In all honesty though, this is both unethical and immoral. I really don't know why I am surprised though.

Afterall, they DID take OtherOS support away. That was pretty damn unethical and immoral as well. I guess it's just extremely disappointing to see how little they REALLY care for their consumers and their privacy. Privacy and intrusion are a HUGE thing right now, as they should be. I hope they get torn limb for limb for this crap. They shouldn't be allowed to do this. What starts today with Sony & Microsuck will lead to everyone being 'allowed' to do it tomorrow.

Speaking of Microsuck. I see a few people are trying to dodge this risk by changing topics to M$. Making them seem like they are worse than Sony is. Well, I will admit nothing would make me happier than to see Microsuck fall but the same goes for Sony right now. Both of them are guilty of this. Whats worse is that BOTH of them GET AWAY WITH IT.

I must have been mistaken, I could have sworn that invading others' privacy was ILLEGAL. I thought that's why cameras aren't allowed in public restrooms. Guess I was wrong, as long as you got the money, nothing is illegal. Freakin' GAY!

I had really strong and high hopes for this console when it first came out. I thought "its Sony, they haven't ever really let me down in the past." Lately though, it's just been one sucker-punch after another to the consumer. I will always love my previous PlayStation systems but I am to the point where I really hope a PS4 never sees the light of day, along with this retarded company.

After I read about all this security/privacy intrusion stuff yesterday I am glad I am not on PSN or the internet with this thing. What we need is for some of the genius hackers/coders and reverse engineers to figure all this PSN connection BS out so we can learn to create our own servers that can be used so we can all play online together... completely PSN/Sony FREE!

Bah! I am glad i'm not online anymore. Being banned would probably do me a favor. Screw all this intrusive stuff. No thanks, not for me!

Quote Originally Posted by superste2201 View Post
    You guys do realize that in order for a hacker to grab any credit card details they will need to make a unique custom firmware and make you install it on your PS3 then go on PSN and buy something. Highly unlikely to happen. If you are worried just stick to OFW.

Also most of what these 'hackers' say is BS, e.g. He claims that Sony knows what controllers you're using, what USB devices are plugged in, what sort of television you're using everything.

That fact alone is untrue, a tv cannot send its make or model down scart or HDMI. It's impossible.
    A TV absolutely can display all it's info to devices via hdmi and dvi...that's how PC's communicate with displays and get all the native resolutions and settings as soon as you plug in a screen. You don't need to install drivers and it displays all this info in your control panel hardware tab. All the devices mentioned are readable/identified as noted in article.

Let's think about that... really think about it. The PS3's console ID is a GUID. If we look up GUID on Wikipedia, we find: "Today's fastest supercomputer at 2.5 petaflops could generate 2.51015 random GUIDs every second, if it had been dedicated exclusively to this task nonstop since the Big Bang, it still would have odds of less than one in 300,000 of ever having generated a duplicate."

How again are you going to iterate though all possible IDs?
    Quote Originally Posted by superste2201 View Post
    That fact alone is untrue, a tv cannot send its make or model down scart or HDMI. It's impossible.
    I love how confident you are! So confident you couldn't possibly be wrong! So don't Google "EDID"... you'd be disappointed.
    Last edited by nailed; 02-17-2011 at 10:23 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by y2kkingboy View Post
    Could this be enough to call a Class Action suite for reckless endangerment and invasion of privacy?
    I plan on going to my lawyer tomorrow if Sony wants to play hardball then we need to make sure we get hit with a pitch if you know what I mean and hey if enough people take hits we can win the game.

Identity theft is VERY BIG right now and Sony doesn't want to back down which one is more of a threat to society.

Among other titles.. I am almost sure we used to network the XBOX through Gamespy on our PCs and play HALO 1 online against other players.. and I am almost positive Halo wasnt even an online game. I am sure the devs can think of something as far as a P2P Online community for HomeBrew users.

First off all: Sony is not intrusive. The sort of data they collect are nowhere out the norm. That is just within the normal logging. And does it really bother you that some machine somewhere knows what TV you have? They do not send videostreams of your living room somewhere, as MS does with kinect.

And regardign CC info: as long as you are on OFW, your Data is secure. When you are on OFW, your CC info is actually a few steps MORE secure then when you shop on your PC. Sony is not responsible for what happens when you decide to mess up your system with a CFW.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News