Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Gets Unlimited Storage with Infinite USB Memory Device

Sponsored Links
    A new product called the Infinite USB Memory Device offers PS3 and XBox 360 owners with 'unlimited' storage.

According to IGN, the device essentially creates an ad-hoc wireless network which enables you to stream movies and so forth.

To quote: "Rather than storing a handful of gigabytes on each stick, the Infinite USB Memory device (IUM) stores zero gigabytes. Instead, it creates an ad hoc wireless network between your laptop and whatever other USB enabled device you want to connect to.

You can stream movies to your PS3 or Xbox 360, send images to your once non-wireless printer, or even transfer files between computers by making your whole hard-drive available on the network.

Best of all, there are no drivers to install - aside from a one-time "pairing" process that installs the awesomely titled "Infinite Portal" onto your computer - and it works with all operating systems."

PS3 Gets Unlimited Storage with Infinite USB Memory Device

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    I wonder what this does, that DLNA or an Apache Server does not already do. The only real advantage I could see to this is copying large files back off the PS3, albeit very slowly over 54g.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    this is only useful if someone doesn't already have a router. as if you have a router and some semblance of a network already, you can do everything this device touts it can do, and more. this falls into the "to little, to late" category for me.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think this is one of those niche gadgets that most people won't ever buy but it's just there.

Thumbs Up

Sounds interesting to me - I personally hate indexed media systems and much prefer direct folder structure browsing of my network (ala the way it used to work with Xbox Media Center). Problem here however is the wireless connectivity as it isn't going to be able to properly handle HD streaming... a wired version, now that would be cool!

TW

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Psoma View Post
    Sounds interesting to me - I personally hate indexed media systems and much prefer direct folder structure browsing of my network (ala the way it used to work with Xbox Media Center). Problem here however is the wireless connectivity as it isn't going to be able to properly handle HD streaming... a wired version, now that would be cool!

TW
    Did you mean this?
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

If this does what I think it does, its a superb idea and about time someone released it!

Basically you plug in the USB stick to your PS3 (or any other device with USB) and it registers on said device as a mass storage drive (i.e. pretends it's an external HDD). But it isn't actually a mass storage device, instead it links up (completely indenedantly of the machine it is plugged into) to drives on your PC / NAS device etc.

It's a superb idea, and a great way to have a large NAS solution that can still work with the PS3!

PSPSwampy.
    Will definitely be looking for more info on this!

Question

has anybody heard of tversity? it allows you to stream right to your system, with the ps3 you can even download it directly.

Thumbs Up

hi,

i use the java ps3mediaserver (dlna) ... it works perfect for me !

greets
    mike

No doubt its would be great for me as i dont have a router must check Playasia.com and BOSS Thanks very much for sharing this as i'll definately buy this one.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News