Today we're kicking things off with news of the first PS3 Box Art as follows: Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom PS3 Box Art Concept. As http://ps3.ign.com/articles/731/731787p1.html reveals:Now moving on to other news today, we have the following to report:Until now, the box art design for future PS3 games has remained as secretive as the system itself. We managed to catch our first glimpse at the new format for PlayStation 3 games, thanks to $ony Online Entertainment's upcoming title, Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom.
As $ony fans will notice, there are subtle changes to the box art style. First of all, the PlayStation logo, which has been displayed against a black background during the PSX and PS2 era, will now be embossed on a white background on the left hand side of the box. This also marks a return to the left aligned text announcing the system, which was abandoned from the PSX era for the top aligned PlayStation 2 text for current generation games. Also, dimensions exactly match that of the art used in a Blu-ray case (which has a large blue header on top), hinting towards want kind of physical box it will incorporate. IGN has mocked up how we think the final box will look in a BluRay box." (linked above)
- In PSP news, Wedge has updated to VSHEX DLX v0.99 RC3 Mod For DevHook v0.46 For PSP which only includes the correction of a bug in RC2 that prevented changing to UMD disc mode.
- Japanese author E has updated his PC Engine (TG-16), NES, GameBoy, WonderSwan, and SEGA GameGear/MasterSystem Emulator to eMULATOR v0.82d For PSP which now supports Atari Lynx and Neo-Geo Pocket as well.
- UFox has updated to PSP Content Manager v1.2 For PSP today, which includes the following changes: Option for Batch Music Tag Edit, Old Hiding Corrupted Icon Scheme (1~1), Unhide Corrupted Icon, Shortcut Keys, Save Window Maximized State, and Fix Some Bugs.
- Joe has shared with us PSP Corruption Fixer v1.00 For PSP today. This is a simple app for PSP users coded in VB6. It allows the user to remove corrupted files such as images, game saves, HTML files, and any other corrupt files on the PSP MemoryStick.
- BlackDeath has shared with us a Bubble Bobble: Magical Tower Daisakusen (JAP) Multi-Lang PSP RipKit today! The resulting size is approximately 240MB each, and removed is the Update Folder and languages with options including Japanese, French, Italian, Spanish, and German. Feel free to post related feedback in our on-going Bubble Bobble: Magical Tower Daisakusen PSP Forum thread.
- hjacked has shared a NASCAR 2007 (USA) 317MB PSP RipKit with us today for those interested!
- skirocket has shared with us both a Kangaeru Exit (JAP) 68.4MB PSP RipKit and a NASCAR 2007 (USA) 541MB PSP RipKit today- nice!
- apcarr has shared a World Championship Poker: All In (USA) 153MB PSP RipKit with us today- cool!
- Ahman has updated to iR Shell v2.1 For PSP today. This release contains numerous features and bug fixes, so be sure to check out the included ReadMe file for the complete list and enjoy!
- Some PSP Themes today as follows: Silent Hill PSP Theme and Devil May Cry PSP Theme by RavenRuLeZ, Boondocks PSP Theme by yoshowa, and Lord Of The Rings PSP Theme by dinesy. Great work guys!
- In X-Box 360 news, there is now a X-Box 360 Dashboard Update Preview available for those who are X-Box 360 fans- enjoy!