Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    from what I understand, upscaling is possible over component cables, but the MPAA places regulations on companies to only output 1080p over HDMI (HDCP reasons), so I doubt you will be able to upscale over component cables, even if your just going up to 720p. I believe you will be able to upscale to 720p,1080i, or1080p, over HDMI

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Awww, man.. I got so excited when I read about ps2 upscaling in the new firmware, but unfortunately I can only use component cables so it looks like this update will do me no good. Damn the mpaa! Maybe they'll at least let me do 480p.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Its out now guys... have fun

Yes, I tried it and am very pleased. The upscaling of ps2 games DOES work over component cables. Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by boogernose View Post
    Yes, I tried it and am very pleased. The upscaling of ps2 games DOES work over component cables. Excellent!
    Upscaled through what? 720p or 1080p, and does it shrink the aspect ratio or make it full screen?
    Damn the MPAA, why do they have to be such pricks about HDMI specific TVs and not focus on both HD types (component and HDMI) at the same time.

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News