Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Er0cK View Post
    I've heard rumors about them disabling the Emotion Engine in the consoles that have them, and moving PS2 backwards compatibility to software mode.

Though running software emulation could be better (adding hi-def support) we would surely loose a lot of compatibility.
    I was hoping they would add this feature a bit earlier. Although most the games I play are fine and dandy, I sure as hell don't want to lose any compatibility with the ps2 games. Unfortunately, software emulation isn't exactly perfect either and I hope they continue to add support for Ps2 games and not drop the compatibility list like Microsoft did for the 360 for xbox 1 games (if they're updating that at all).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Er0cK View Post
    I've heard rumors about them disabling the Emotion Engine in the consoles that have them, and moving PS2 backwards compatibility to software mode.
    this was talked about months ago, and will be occurring, so no, its not a rumor... and again, don't be disappointed, because software emulation is supposed to be more advanced then just using old techology, i.e., PS2's Emotion Engine. we talked about this quite extensively already on the forum.

i highly doubt the 2.0 update will come in "the 4th Wednesday," the fact that we have the rumored list means that someone knows what's going on and its on its way (maybe not all the features, but still), but as far as it coming on the 23rd of May, i think that's a little soon all things considered! we'll just have to wait and see i guess...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreak47 View Post
    I connect wired myself, but I have an issue where I try to use bluetooth headphones (stereo headphones plugged into my receiver, not a paired headset on the console) and the controller will occasionally cut out for 2 or 3 seconds, ruining the game in many cases.
    I connect wired (ps3) but i have 3 wifi pc's which struggle with packet loss when ps3 controller is on :mad2

- [PS / PS2 Settings] has been added as an option.
    Perhaps this will mean NTSC PS3 owners will be able to choose whether they want the EE to process ps/ps2 games or their software emulation.

Bad news for all of us. From what I've read, the person who posted the list on the official playstation forum stated that someone hacked their account and posted that information.

I'm hoping Sony just tried to shut them up or something, because it'd be great if all of this stuff was coming.

Ya, but it is also available on the [Register or Login to view links] (requires a login to access it, and an even higher security login to upload content there)... so I definitely wouldn't rule anything out yet until v2.00 is publically released. My guess is it's legit and just wasn't supposed to be posted on their public boards until it's officially released... time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by makk View Post
    Hmmm some interesting stuff there although not the DivX/XviD playback we are all waiting for
    I can hardly see $ony supporting licensed (DivX) or open (XviD) on PS3 due to the "missing" DRM and their Movie rights ...

unless u are as powerful as microsoft breaking every infringement as there is... like windows being shipped with IE where others have a choice to use their own web browsers...

as for the update... only time will tell where everyone has....

By the end of this week the new new firmware will be up for download. This firmware makes it possible to put up your own wallpapers, music to listen while playing games and DVD’s and PS2-games will be upscaled.
    But i sadly think it isn't true or can someone confirm this?

Especially the upscalling part would be cool, hope someone can confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Flubug View Post
    unless u are as powerful as microsoft breaking every infringement as there is... like windows being shipped with IE where others have a choice to use their own web browsers...

as for the update... only time will tell where everyone has....
    Windows users have the choice of using any browser they want. I didn't understand what you were trying to say.
    Last edited by TechnoFreak; 05-17-2007 at 06:03 PM

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News