Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Firmware v1.31 released!

Sponsored Links
    Since nobody started a thread yet on this, we will use this one for it! CJPC installed it, but didn't try dumping yet to see if it still allows it OK or not... awaiting the official changelog as well!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    can any one TEST a HD Advance NOW since it Supports PS2 HDD?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    HD Advance tested and NOT working
    loads but says ps2 hdd not compatible :??

No... the PS3 is similar to the PSTwo, so HD Advance won't run on it without hardware mods at this time (similar to the Automan one for PSTwo).

OK, here is the update changelog for the US version (from [Register or Login to view links]):

The PLAYSTATION®3 system software version 1.31 update includes the following:

Settings
    You can now register the BD remote control in [Register Bluetooth® Device] under [Accessory Settings].
    [BD/DVD Video Output Format (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [BD/DVD Settings].
    [Backup Utility] has been added as a feature under [System Settings].
    You can now select the hard disk format method in [Format Utility] and [Restore PS3™ System] under [System Settings].
    The method of selecting output resolution has been changed in [Video Output Settings] under [Display Settings].

Game
    New for 1.31: You can now play PlayStation®2 format software titles that must be installed on the hard disk.

Other
    The compatibility of USB devices with PlayStation®2 format software titles has changed. For details on USB devices that can be used with system software version 1.30, select here.

New for 1.31: Playability status with the PS3™ system has changed for some PlayStation® and PlayStation®2 format titles. To check on the latest status, visit the search site for compatible titles.

You can now access the XMB while pics, movies, music are being played. Or was this feature released in previous updates? I just happened to notice it after my update.

That was available in 1.3 maybe earlier..

I hope Sony make an update that will stop the inserted disc from starting up automatically when powered on. That would be on my most wanted firmware feature.

That is kind of annoying. However if I hit the control going either left to right it will go through the menu and not auto start the game.

Quote Originally Posted by numero1latino View Post
    That is kind of annoying. However if I hit the control going either left to right it will go through the menu and not auto start the game.
    I just keep clicking left as it boots to prevent the auto start.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News