Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Firmware Update 3.73 is Now Released, Improves Stability

Sponsored Links
    Following up on their previous PlayStation 3 System Software update, today Sony has quietly released non-mandatory PS3 Firmware update 3.73 in both full and patch update versions which simply improves system stability.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

While the official PlayStation Blog doesn't make mention of it, their official [Register or Login to view links] feed states the following to quote:

"A new, non-mandatory PS3 firmware update, v3.73, is now available. Stability during use of certain PS3 format software has been improved."

From eussNL on the files changes in the PlayStation 3 Firmware 3.73 update: [Register or Login to view links]

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

Files changed:

[Register or Login to view code]

Version strings:

No need to update ps3tools readself & readself2, it is still 0016 for 3.73 (same as 3.70/3.72) which afaik also means no new keys where added...

From Sony PlayStation 3 hacker Mathieulh via IRC on signing PS3 executables for 3.73+ Firmware:

As always, more details will be posted below as they are available on the update should any hidden features surface.

PS3 Firmware Update 3.73 is Now Released, Improves Stability

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Stability my bottom ... they're so desperately trying to patch this full of hole sinking ship ... it's just pathetic

Sponsored Links

Smile

Sponsored Links
    improves mean to not play copy games

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Stability my bottom ... they're so desperately trying to patch this full of hole sinking ship ... it's just pathetic
    They are trying to cover another exploit as GrandpaHomer pointed out to the point that it is just downright pathetic and pitiful.

That, plus it's getting annoying to many I'm sure to keep downloading updates that don't bring any new features.

i boxed my ps3 until theres another cfw... bought myself a jtagged xbox...

Quote Originally Posted by darkanima9 View Post
    improves mean to not play copy games
    You cant play copied games with ANY OFW above 3.55 so wtf are you going on about?

Quote Originally Posted by momipopi View Post
    i boxed my ps3 until theres another cfw... bought myself a jtagged xbox...
    ALL Xbox360's can be jtagged now.
    Last edited by spunkybunny; 10-18-2011 at 06:48 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just makes it look like $ony is actually working... when they just doss about all day..."what shall we do today?? they said... lets do another firmware update they said... okay if we make the stars on the intro slightly brighter ...right thats update 3.73.003.2.1" PMSL... it doesn't affect me $ony... kiss it !!

Seeing as its not mandatory that would suggest that its not security related, and as they say for stability.
    Last edited by Natepig; 10-18-2011 at 09:02 AM Reason: missed out word

lol 4071mb / 298GB

wish I had that much space

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News