Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I turn on my ps3 to watch some top gear, and what I get is an update. Go to HELL update.

Does anyone here have a dongle?

I know you won't be able to run it as the dongle has been blocked but perhaps the software still shows.

As the original exploit was for 3.41 *perhaps* sony have not blocked the dongle completely?

If they remove the dev/debug mode, then they will also have a hard time in repair centers. I would imagine it's just another workaround.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoff View Post
    If they remove the dev/debug mode, then they will also have a hard time in repair centers. I would imagine it's just another workaround.
    This is sony we are talking about. They refuse to believe that their FIRST handheld, in the form of the psp, could have failed without piracy. I wouldn't put it past them to cut their own foot off just to stop it. They have been acting rather scared.

Here's to hoping its just a temporary patch. Will be hard finding/confirming a ps3 with the right firmware when i want to buy.

isnt the jailbreak/psgroove only meant to work on 3.41? since sony has updated the firmware, of course it wont work due to the fact the it just isnt supposed to. the offset has been changed, we have to wait until someone changes it to work with 3.42 to truly see if sony did patch it

EDIT: just saw JonahUK's post above lol
    Last edited by ersatz100; 09-07-2010 at 01:20 AM Reason: repeat post

Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    uhhh didn't that stuff not work anymore... hence why i havn't been online with my 3.15 for ages.
    I believe they've been working ever since 3.21 (the OtherOS killa).

Given corporate lazyness and general ineptitude I wouldn't be surprised if they just blacklisted usb hw/vendor ids transmitted from psjb/psgroove.

Quote Originally Posted by spark32 View Post
    I believe they've been working ever since 3.21 (the OtherOS killa).
    Are you sure? I'm on the last firmware before otherOS was gone and i can't seem to get it working? Maybe there's user error but its just cant work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by alexl83 View Post
    Given corporate lazyness and general ineptitude I wouldn't be surprised if they just blacklisted usb hw/vendor ids transmitted from psjb/psgroove
    would be GREAT if that were the case, then it would be a simple edit of the code...

could anyone confirm logan5/ps3 proxi 1.1 , or any of the other firmware bypass check methods for online gaming capability? do not care for store redirect.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast