Last edited by GrandpaHomer; 09-07-2010 at 02:09 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
So i finally was able to get my board for a good price and actually have it shipped out on the same day. Brilliant
Not so brilliant was finding out my house mate updated the console when I was out.
Just wondering if there is going to be any sort of solution for those of us who have updated to 3.42. Is the door well and truly slammed shut or is there any hope that with all these detailed LVL2 dumps etc that are starting to come out, there may be some possibility of a downgrader.
If there is no chance of a downgrader, could it be something as simple as changing the offset values on the PsGroove software to match with the current firmware.
As you can imagine guys, I'm fuming..... really dont want to have to buy another PS3.
I think what the other posters were getting at about using 2 different HDD is this your system is running FW3.41 you have 2 HDD one for online for retail copies and one for backup copies. What they are getting at is not that the FW is stored on the HDD but the LOG file that sony looks at to ban the consoles from PSN? Where is that log filed stored at?
True... if the log is stored on the HDD then a swap may keep you safe. Something tells me it's not that easy tho, IIRC the XBOX360 stored gameID on NAND so maybe it's the same here. Not 100% knowledgeable about these things, but I have been learning a LOT in the last week!
Augh my stupid brother updated so his stupid friend could play DJ Hero. FML, here's hoping they figure out the payload for 3.42
All I want to know is where the log file is stored? I've gotten conflicting information from this site and a few others. Some people say hdd, others say flash, none of them are devs. Really wish a dev would step forward and at least say something about it...
Last edited by Pretikewl; 09-07-2010 at 04:39 PM
I think nobody knows yet... It seems many know the existence of that log, but nobody have any kind of real info on it.
We need more infos, where is it, when is it sent, etc... As I said in another thread, we'll have to wait for Devs to tell us.