Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by spark32 View Post
    To install game updates, disable your bypass tool (whatever you use), change your internet settings back to original (so disable the proxy from your internet settings on your PS3), DO NOT try to sign into PSN, load up the game you want to update, update it (it will work fine as you aren't using a proxy anymore), once update is complete, quit game, re-enable proxy settings on PS3, start up proxy again on PS3, sign back into PSN, play!
    I apologize in advance for seemingly asking the same question that others have over and over, but the bypass tool - allows you to not update your firmware, but allows you to still play games online? Reason i ask is, I used logans tool, and it seemed to be working but, i tried to login to mw2 online and it gave me an update error. Wanted to see if i was makin an error...?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    @Ninjaihawk
    Urh... The answer is on the page right before where you posted... Sorry for the auto-quote, but then again, read the frakking thread before posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderkik View Post

The firmware isn't stored on the hard drive, try it yourself: Changing the Hdd doesn't change your firmware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderkik View Post
    Again, the firmware isn't on the Hard drive! You can't change your firmware by swapping hard drives

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by uoY redruM View Post
    Another idea (might work) would be instead of buying an new PS3, just have a second PS3 hard drive. Use one for offline and one for online.

Wouldn't that work (or am I simplifying something that isn't simple)?

I assume everything is installed on the HDD, correct?
    Nope - not possible - part of FW is still stored inside of the PS3's flash memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by xnihsnek View Post
    If you just ordered a PS3, probably has FW 3.42 already installed.
    Nope - most likely 3.30 or lower at the moment. Sony is not a wizard to magiaclly update all PS3's firmwares already in stock at retailers
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverwhateve View Post
    All the people here talking about how you can still login to PSN using the LG5Tool pequied my interest.

I had been looking up how to connect to PSN through 3.15 for months now, but everybody still assued me that currently there was no bypass available, so imagine my surprise when everybody is telling me that PSN Download Manager and LG5Tool still worked.

I have tried both the LG5Tool and the PSN Download Manager, I am still unable to get my PS3 online despite following the guides. I know the proxy in both tools is working as I can see my PS3 attempting to connect through it, and in the case of PSN Download Manager the 3.42 update as well as some random files were downloaded, but my PS3 still insists there is a required update and I cannot connect to PSN.
    This will indeed work only for FW 1 or few versions bellow current 3.42 - e.g. 3.41 and MAYBE one more bellow that too. It's fully controllable by Sony unfortunatelly. No chance you'll get online with 3.15 or lower FW anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by uoY redruM View Post
    Backing up a game right now so I'll have to wait till it done and reboot the PS3 so I'm not caught in Jailbreak mode lol.
    Sadly - this will most definitelly NOT protect you from being detected and later on baned - both your PSN ID(s) as well as whole PS3 - as Sony can see from the internal logs what you've been doing with your PS3 even while offline ... !

Quote Originally Posted by prins022 View Post
    Still no changelog , come on $ony, how do you want people to agree an update without knowing what's inside
    Wana changelog? Here it is: "Improved playback for some PS3 titles" ... (Read: No more JailBreak)
    Last edited by GrandpaHomer; 09-07-2010 at 02:09 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Upgraded to 3.42??

So i finally was able to get my board for a good price and actually have it shipped out on the same day. Brilliant

Not so brilliant was finding out my house mate updated the console when I was out.

Just wondering if there is going to be any sort of solution for those of us who have updated to 3.42. Is the door well and truly slammed shut or is there any hope that with all these detailed LVL2 dumps etc that are starting to come out, there may be some possibility of a downgrader.

If there is no chance of a downgrader, could it be something as simple as changing the offset values on the PsGroove software to match with the current firmware.

As you can imagine guys, I'm fuming..... really dont want to have to buy another PS3.

I think what the other posters were getting at about using 2 different HDD is this your system is running FW3.41 you have 2 HDD one for online for retail copies and one for backup copies. What they are getting at is not that the FW is stored on the HDD but the LOG file that sony looks at to ban the consoles from PSN? Where is that log filed stored at?

True... if the log is stored on the HDD then a swap may keep you safe. Something tells me it's not that easy tho, IIRC the XBOX360 stored gameID on NAND so maybe it's the same here. Not 100% knowledgeable about these things, but I have been learning a LOT in the last week!

Augh my stupid brother updated so his stupid friend could play DJ Hero. FML, here's hoping they figure out the payload for 3.42

Quote Originally Posted by tilla View Post
    Augh my stupid brother updated so his stupid friend could play DJ Hero. FML, here's hoping they figure out the payload for 3.42
    Sorry about that. I will not let anybody touch my PS3 no matter what. If someone want to then I have to be here to make sure not to updated FW. Now, you are stuck and hope someone will work around it. Maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by MajestacaL View Post
    What they are getting at is not that the FW is stored on the HDD but the LOG file that sony looks at to ban the consoles from PSN? Where is that log filed stored at?
    I've been trying to get a good answer to this since the jailbreak was released.

All I want to know is where the log file is stored? I've gotten conflicting information from this site and a few others. Some people say hdd, others say flash, none of them are devs. Really wish a dev would step forward and at least say something about it...
    Last edited by Pretikewl; 09-07-2010 at 04:39 PM

I think nobody knows yet... It seems many know the existence of that log, but nobody have any kind of real info on it.

We need more infos, where is it, when is it sent, etc... As I said in another thread, we'll have to wait for Devs to tell us.

Sponsored Links
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News