Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Firmware Update 3.41 is Released, Details Available!

Sponsored Links
    Update: Unlike the previous version, according to [Register or Login to view links] PS3 Firmware Update version 3.41 unfortunately does not appear to contain any 'hidden' features this time.

Earlier today Sony confirmed that PS3 Firmware Update 3.41 adds recommendations for games and videos on the PlayStation Store, and now it is officially released and available for download below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

It's important to note that while the PS3 3.41 update is released, the recommendations feature on Sony's PlayStation Store is slated to go live by the end of July, 2010.

As always, further details and any hidden PS3 features uncovered will be added as soon as they are available. Needless to say, if you are holding out in hopes for PS3 Custom Firmware and don't use your PlayStation 3 online you may wish to skip this update.

PS3 Firmware Update 3.41 is Released, Details Available!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I really don't get it. How sony can release something without a changelog ?

It's like "update here and have a big surprise", some part of that surprise you will only discover a month from now.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i just seen the update, so i hopped on here to find out what was going on. Man you gotta love sony, they move fast. as soon as the ps3 is hacked, i think ill give up gaming.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Surelly they'd slip in some "security" update as well but will keep it hush hush

Quote Originally Posted by ahasverus View Post
    I really don't get it. How sony can release something without a changelog ?

It's like "update here and have a big surprise", some part of that surprise you will only discover a month from now.
    This is how I see it - As far $ony is concerned, it doesn't matter what in the new update is. As long as they can produce FW every month or two, they think that they can put hackers back one step. It could be that they reckon that with every new FW, hackers will start over with the hacking process and thereby discourage them. Expect more FW updates soon.....

Registered User wilkinsonjohn99's Avatar
    I believe that we might be witnessing the birth of hack proof consoles as Sony have now proved that you can make a profit on hardware without it being open to running pirated games...

Thumbs Down LOL

wtf.. i dont know if to cry or laugh.. A whole update just to patch on recommended games?

I always knew $ony were money pigs, but this?! "if its hard for you to find something to pay for, we will make it easier for you, and in the process of updating, you might break your console! win win for us! $ony!!"

I find it funny i need to actually update my software in order to get the store updated.. didnt they hear about web based applications? that is just hilarious.. i also thought they updated in the past so every future update for the store will be online and not per console

If i ever had hope that i might convert my hatred to $ony after all they've done ever since i purchased their launch console, it now diminished to zero..

Playstation, it only does everything not necessary but multitasking.. It's not a gaming console anymore, nor it's a good mediacenter, its just a huge money juicing machine

It's pretty idiotic that we have to download this thing just to play online. They could have pushed it afterwards with something more important.

Thumbs Down

bad update, last normal update was 3.15

WTF?? Another useless update. Donīt they think we have nothing better to do than than downloading updates all the time?
    So is it mandatory to get online? I know it probably is but there was an update awhile back that wasnīt mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Surelly they'd slip in some "security" update as well but will keep it hush hush
    Ya, this update seems fishy to me. I smell more security.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News