Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Firmware Update 2.17 released!

Sponsored Links
    Update: Per Jeff Rubenstein (Social Media Manager, [Register or Login to view links]): In case you were wondering what it's all about, the operating stability of some online PS3 titles has been improved. Hope that clears things up!

It's now official- Sony has indeed skipped a retail release of PS3 Firmware 2.15 (Debug) in lieu of PS3 Firmware Update 2.17 which is out now via Network Update or below!

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

There isn't an official changelog available yet, but it appears to be primarily a bugfix update at this time.

Also, for what it's worth a little birdie told us Sony Devs already have 2.20 so perhaps another quick update will follow soon? :P

PS3 Firmware Update 2.17 released!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

firmware 2.17 release

Sponsored Links
    Just installed via update system sony webpage [Register or Login to view links] isnt updated to current version. If any information is known please post.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I just added an update above and to the Site News... seems it's just an improvement to the operating stability of some online PS3 titles.

Banned User
    Nothing new in the xmb on this firmware update!

flippin tight!!! haha they could at least tell us what issues they attempted to fix so i can see if it benifited me in any way LOL. i knew something was coming some time this week tho ever since that "maintenance" earlier this week.

Any chance this is due to Firmware 2.15 being leaked?

Nothing

Nothing added.

found this.

[Register or Login to view links]

This small point release for Sony's PS3 just fixed a few bugs and exploits, but brought a new feature that allows PlayStation 2 games that needed to install onto a hard drive to do so. Great for those who are still playing Final Fantasy XI.
    Last edited by PS3 News; 03-14-2008 at 03:54 AM Reason: fixed link

i saw on a site that they fixed some bugs that caused games to lag more than they should

Firmware v2.17 stopped ps3 recognising mp4s

his morning i put a film on myps3 from my 4gb usb stick. Left for university after downloading and installing firmware. Got home, put usb in with a new film on it (mp4) and they are not appearing!! Since installing the latest firmware this morning my PS3 has topped registering that there are mp4's on my 4gb usb. !!!

I was just about to order a larger hard drive to store all my freshly converted mp4's and now this...Tried several films but no luck! Tried a jpeg and that DID register in the pictures column. What can I do to sort this problem out? I have been on several problems and some other people's ps3's have stopped networking and reading .vob files.

I am not a gamer so I bought the PS3 purely for the Blu Ray and the ability to play x264's etc. Please contact me as to how I can rectify this problem.

Regards,
    Joseph

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News