Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I swear sony has bought shares in some of the main isp's so cash in on all these system updates and game updates lol

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quick question, Is it recommended that we upgrade the firmware through the ps3 itself? Is it like the psp where some games require you to have a certain firmware?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I updated my Ps3 and the Assassin's Creed freezing problem stoped. so not everything is bad

Quote Originally Posted by Moester View Post
    Quick question, Is it recommended that we upgrade the firmware through the ps3 itself? Is it like the psp where some games require you to have a certain firmware?
    Moester,

I don't know of any reported issues with doing the upgrade via PS3 direct or from a downloaded version copied onto some other media. I always just do it from PS3. There is a list on here that tells you what games require which firmware.

I have previously been updating firmwares as the media reading capabilities have been improving, some folks have been hanging off incase a weakness is found in older versions.

I won't be doing this one as it doesn't appear to bring me any benefit.

It's up to you what you want to do,
    Ian

MP4 w/ Firmware 2.17

Quote Originally Posted by OddBod82 View Post
    his morning i put a film on myps3 from my 4gb usb stick. Left for university after downloading and installing firmware. Got home, put usb in with a new film on it (mp4) and they are not appearing!! Since installing the latest firmware this morning my PS3 has topped registering that there are mp4's on my 4gb usb. !!!
    ~
    Regards,
    Joseph
    Can someone confirm that mp4's are or are not playable on PS3 with 2.17 firmware?

Yes i can not play mp4 files.... fw2.17

I have just recode mp4 file in mp4 for ps3 with ps3 videoconverter. And all is fine.
    Last edited by demonn; 03-16-2008 at 08:35 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    Moester,

I don't know of any reported issues with doing the upgrade via PS3 direct or from a downloaded version copied onto some other media. I always just do it from PS3. There is a list on here that tells you what games require which firmware.

I have previously been updating firmwares as the media reading capabilities have been improving, some folks have been hanging off incase a weakness is found in older versions.

I won't be doing this one as it doesn't appear to bring me any benefit.

It's up to you what you want to do,
    Ian
    I sometimes update via usb device, I did with this 2.17 and I have never had any problems. The advantage this way is that you can download the update file whenever (like during lunch break at work or college etc (to save on my own bandwith) ), you dont have to be at your ps3, and it only takes a minute or so to copy the update file to the PS3 when you come to use it and then installation is as normal. That's all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by demonn View Post
    Yes i can not play mp4 files.... fw2.17

I have just recode mp4 file in mp4 for ps3 with ps3 videoconverter. And all is fine.
    Hi, everything depends on the codec mp4 file that you want watched. You read your file in upnp or directly on the hard drive?
    Last edited by wicked insanity; 03-17-2008 at 10:23 AM Reason: repeat post

mp4's work fine for me on firmware 2.17

Has anyone played divx in 2.17 yet?

according to the sony website [Register or Login to view links] we can play divx movies now from xmb. I would definately update for this feature! can anyone confirm this? hope the quality is better than vlc on ydl.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News