Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

LOL now sony Official home page is slow as molasses. what next?!?

Confused

I updated and now i get the message to change password... BUT HOW???

I click X and the under maintenance error comes back.

anyone can confirm if it is up in California?

No, PSN is should be down for everyone. They announced the restoration of the network for every region, what you can read in post #6.

Kaz Hirai thinks he is so kool with his "gun" hand motion, lulz.

Lightbulb How to change your PSN password

Quote Originally Posted by headstomp View Post
    I updated and now i get the message to change password... BUT HOW???
    PSN is reported as back in the Northeast US so it won't be long before it hits other areas as well... that said, once it is back for you simply do the following to change the password, from: eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-15-how-to-change-your-psn-password
    After downloading and installing PlayStation 3 firmware 3.61, all PlayStation Network users are required to change their passwords. Here's how to do it.

First, sign in by entering your sign in ID (email address) and password for you PSN account. Sony wants you to make sure you can receive messages at this email address.

Select OK from the screen that asks you to change your password. A screen for entering a new password is displayed. Then, follow the on-screen instructions. After you've changed your password, you'll be able to sign in to PSN.

Now, you may encounter a number of issues along the way.

If the screen for entering a new password is not displayed, your PS3 has never been activated on PSN using your account. Sony will send an email to your registered email address in this case. That email will take you to a website to change your password.

If you've forgotten your password and, let's be honest, we use so many these days it's easy to do so then you have to change it from the PSN website.

Hit sign in under PSN on the XMB, select "forgot your password?" on the sign in screen, enter your sign in ID (email address) and your date of birth, then hit "continue". Again, Sony wants you to make sure that you can receive messages at this email address.

Check your email address is correct, then select "confirm". An email will be sent to your registered email address. Follow that to change your password. Once done, sign in to PSN like you mean it.

Oh, and don't forget, if the PSN account you're using is a sub account, you may be required to first sign in using the master account that governs it to change the password.

Phew! That's it. Sony is in the process of fully restoring PSN services as we speak. Online gaming is expected to hit Europe soon.

Quote Originally Posted by oVERSoLDiER View Post
    No, PSN is should be down for everyone. They announced the restoration of the network for every region, what you can read in post #6.
    The image in that post is not updated.

Arrow

Yep, the updated one is located here for whoever wishes to keep checking it: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...on-begins-now/

I've just watched the video , synically am thinking this has been an opperunity Sony have created themselves to prevent CFW and mfw units being able to go online with hacks , what better way to fix it by creating a security scare like this take all servers offline and rebuild they full service , with their new security levels who will take the risk now ??

Any way doesn't bother me too much I have two ps3 and happy to stay on 3.55 CFW with one unit and use my ofw unit for buying FIFA and cod .

...or you can sell your 3.55 CFW PS3 and buy the games on your Legitimate PS3.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast