Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Firmware 3.60 System Software Update Live, Details Arrive

Sponsored Links
    As previously reported, Sony has now put their PS3 Firmware 3.60 system software update live.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

PlayStation Plus subscribers can now backup their save files via Cloud online storage, which allows users to store up to 150MB of save data or 1,000 save files (whichever comes first).

The PS3 Firmware 3.60 update also allows users to select a timer for their PlayStation 3 controllers through the addition of a new menu option to set the amount of time before the PS3 controller powers off due to inactivity.

According to PS3 hacker [Register or Login to view links], Sony removed all the loaders in the PlayStation 3 Firmware 3.60 update as well. Below are some relevant Tweets, as follows:

Wow, in 3.60, Sony removed all the loaders, no more isoldr/lv1ldr/lv2ldr/appldr.. but they added lv0.2! Seems they found a way to secure PS3.

We already have the metldr key, the thing is that they don't use metldr anymore, at all!

They can't update or remove it, but very surprisingly, they just bypassed it, it's there but unused..

Humm, looks like lv0.2 is just the SCE header of lv0, just like the spkg, it doesn't contain code in itself... just resigned with securely..

LV0.2 is just the new metadata for lv0 (one encrypted and signed using new bootloader keys (for future consoles)

Nope, no sarcasm.. of course, nothing is secure, but the flaws they had before seem to all be fixed. at least at first glance..

For now, it looks to me (at first glance) that the ps3 has been resecured, but it doesn't mean it can't be broken again from scratch..

btw, just thought about something.. metldr could still be used, but the ldrs are inside lv0 instead of being in separate files, that's all..

Sony’s 3 step solution: 1 – secure firmware update (3.56), 2 – secure firmware decryption (3.60), 3 – secure psn: change psn protocol (3.6x)

PS3 Firmware 3.60 System Software Update Live, Details Arrive

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Set a timer for controller? Don't we already have that feature lol? I have mine set to turn off after 5 or 10 minutes of no activity...

Also, with this release, this means that the original DNS trick should work again, no?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Oh boy! I wonder what other tricks or treats Sony has in this update for gamers?
    Last edited by tonybologna; 03-10-2011 at 12:29 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by chomps268 View Post
    Also, with this release, this means that the original DNS trick should work again, no?
    Likely the same as usual, Sony unblocks them as new PS3 Firmware updates arrive for a few days and then will reblock the PSN proxy/DNS bypass methods once again.

So it will be several days at least before we can confirm/deny fckPSN or any other bypass works presently as is with FW 3.6 ?

3.60 gee that's a turn around isn't it..

Thumbs Down

Wwll, I have been stuck at 3.56. Bought a new system at 3.55. Had a hope I could do some Linux. Should not have updated. Have some issues with OtherOS being gone. Also would like to see Skype on PS3.

People have been asking for two years now. Why?
    Customer By Web Form - 03/09/2011 08:44 PM I am a PSN Plus subscriber. My system wishes to download update v3.60. What is fixed in this update? Why does the update state the major fix is for controller wireless disconnect instead of cloud support as Sony has mentioned doing along with the day long PSN update. Where is my money going? I also have another case open regarding an enhance request. 1. I would like Skype for PS3 2. I want OtherOS back. I want an update on my cases. I spent a lot of money on this computer and I want some support. No one has contacted me on my first case. I would like a call or email on my issues...
    What a scam this all is.

Quote Originally Posted by corig1 View Post
    No one has contacted me on my first case.
    and I am absolutely sure, that no one will. why should they contact? to tell you, that "Forget it, man! Oh, and we will sue you, just because you wrote "OtherOS" and you're a pirate!"

Sony will never do anything for their customers. Skype, a freaking media center, copy the games to HDD and play from it (MS did this on XBOX360. since then there are lot less DVD drive deaths...). easy things, but they don't care about us. sooo easy.

disk space is almost free anyway, who needs that?

OterhOS etc.

Quote Originally Posted by anulu82 View Post
    and I am absolutely sure, that no one will. why should they contact? to tell you, that "Forget it, man! Oh, and we will sue you, just because you wrote "OtherOS" and you're a pirate!"
    Dude, I am a 40 year old man with well over 10 years in IT. I am not some kid. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News