Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by magneto198 View Post
    Hey guys, just woke up and made an interesting discovery. My PS3 doesn't ask me to update. It says i have the newest firmware. I even signed out of PSN and signed back in just to make sure. On the other hand my roommate's PS3 asks him to update to 3.56. We are both using the same (PS3_Custom_Firmware_v3.55_Backup_Manager_Patched_ Wutangrza-kmeaw) CFW.

The only difference is that i installed 3.55 via recovery method in addition to the CFW via recovery as well. My roommate installed them both just from XMB. Hope this info helps somehow. Right now im online playing black ops on CFW 3.55!
    You probably edited the DNS and forgot about it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So from my understanding we can go into recovery mode, we can also get into service mode as well. Has anybody tried to downgrade using the 3.55 downgrade method where u upgrade to a modified 3.56 firmware (3.41), then downgrade to firmware 3.15, then manually upgrade to OFW 3.41? It sounds like it should work in theory.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    And what about the downgrade for 3.55 to 3.41, if remember correct it make the ps thing you update to 3.56.

Ok, my version of CFW is kmeaw. I got it the hour it came out; back then it was called wutangrza-kmeaw because kmeaw just modified wutangrza's code and hence thats what my rar file is called. Anyway its just called kmeaw now. There is no DNS going on on my PS3. I just did an auto setup just to make sure no gnomes came in and changed anything on my ps3. Everything is legit; no DNS.

Like i said i just did recovery for both firmware installs and it worked. For some reason when i was installing kmeaw through XMB, it would always say my firmware was up to date so to install it on top of OFW 3.55 i had to go into recovery mode. I first tried it on my roommate's slim and it installed striaght from the XMB, go figure. I tried it on mine and it was a no go.

After i stop being lazy i will try my method on my roommate's ps3 and see if i can duplicate my findings through recovery OFW 3.55 and recovery CFW 3.55. Maybe its just my original wutangrza-kmeaw version; who knows. keep you posted.

well... i was unable to replicate my findings. too many variables. his is a slim 120GB ps3, mines is a fat backwards compatible metal gear solid 80gb one. like i said, i was forced to use recovery mode to install cfw but the slim wasn't. i think there's a lot that's changed in the ps3. maybe someone else can figure out something besides DNS.
    Last edited by magneto198; 01-27-2011 at 01:57 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoshin View Post
    So from my understanding we can go into recovery mode, we can also get into service mode as well. Has anybody tried to downgrade using the 3.55 downgrade method where u upgrade to a modified 3.56 firmware (3.41), then downgrade to firmware 3.15, then manually upgrade to OFW 3.41? It sounds like it should work in theory.
    Do not try and downgrade you will get stuck in service mode and there are some saying there will be no way to get out of it. 1 of my ps3s is stuck now so I guess I have a simi brick.

Question

anyone has compiled ps3tools and 3.56 keys?

Well this was expected to be happen, enjoying the dns trick for 1 week (as it last that long as usual) then its time for some 3.56 CFW

Quote Originally Posted by kally12 View Post
    Remember Jes03, that all of your points are pure speculation.
    dude speculation? it's friggin common sense... duh. Jes03, you are absolutely 1005 correct sir, I'll speculate all the way to the bank with you... $ony's bank (and then lets hold them up at gun point like they do us... suppose that's speculation too huh?

First, Thanks for the video. If possible give me the ps3 theme that you have and thank you!

Wink

why doesn't sony accept that it cant do anything now... Its out of their hands...! They need to employ better programmers for their NGP and the ps4...

Quote Originally Posted by HieiYYH View Post
    anyone has compiled ps3tools and 3.56 keys?
    Not yet. The keys have been extracted but are yet to be driven into a program to enable homebrew and your backups. Which i suspect won't happen right now due to sony getting a restraining order chains failoverflow and geohot.. But just wait maybe it'll be released by someone anonymously.. Rep me if i helped...
    Quote Originally Posted by kally12 View Post
    You probably edited the DNS and forgot about it.
    Don't be sure about it as if they are roommates then they probably are using the same internet connection so if it doesn't ask one to update then it wont ask the other to update too!!
    Last edited by SinnerShanky; 01-27-2011 at 06:44 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News